What wagon would you recommend?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ilovemonkeys, Dec 1, 2009.

1. ilovemonkeys

ilovemonkeys Well-Known Member

I want to get my twins a covered wagon for their first birthday. I can't decide between the Radio Flyer or Step2. I plan on using it around the neighborhood and would like to be able to take it to the park, zoo, etc. Let me know if you have either one and what you like and don't like about it. Thanks!

2. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

Great question...I would like to know too...and one with a long handle...dh and I are both 6ft and taller...sorry hope i didn't hijack your post!
    thanks for asking!
    reb

3. sharerc

sharerc Well-Known Member

We have the Step 2 wagon without a top. We LOVE it! The girls love it too. I have been using it alot lately. I prefer to take it to my DD's soccer games because the kids can kind of play in it. I also like how the bottom has holes so I can just spray the thing down when it gets dirty.

4. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

We have the radio flyer one with the top and we LOVE it! I do have to say the top is a little flimsy but when it's in, it works perfectly. Mine love it!

5. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

We have the Step 2 and really like it (I'm 5'8" but with disproportionately long legs, and DH is 6'1" BTW). I don't really think you can go wrong with either the Step 2 or the Radio Flyer though. Ultimately, for us, it came down to price. I found a sale for $47 on the Step 2.

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have the Radio Flyer with the canopy and love it. I agree that you cannot go wrong with either one. I also agree that the canopy on the Radio Flyer can be a bit flimsy but it's fixable. Good luck on your decision!

7. laurenlantz

laurenlantz Well-Known Member

My parents bought the girls a Radio Flyer wagon for their 1st birthday. It's covered and has the fold down seats. It's great and the girls LOVE it. The only thing that I can say that I don't necessarily like is that there isn't any storage when the girls are in it. It wouldn't stop me from buying it again though. I think that there is a model that comes with an attachable backpack.

8. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

We have the step 2 wagon without canopy. It's easy to stir and we really like it. We thought the canopy was unnecessary, probably wouldn't protect from the sun until it was just over them anyway (which never happens). I'd say just go with the one you like best.

9. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Yes! I saw one at the zoo this summer and had serious "wagon envy". We have the Radio Flyer Voyager (with the canopy) that the out-laws got the boys for their 1st birthday. They love it (a lot more than the stroller), but if I had to do it again, I would ask for the one with the storage on the back.