what time do yours go to sleep for the night?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by happychck, May 7, 2009.

?

What time do your kids go to sleep?

1. before 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 6:30

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 7

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. 7:30

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 8:30

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. After 8:30

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

hi there!

as i have mentioned, i am a little obsessed w/my boys' sleep. nearly every book i've read says that babes/toddlers should be going to bed between 6-8pm, and waking between 6-8am. i am really curious if this is how it works w/most!

i think mine would naturally sleep a little earlier if dh didn't get home past 6. by the time he's hung out w/them, we've (maybe) had dinner and we've done our bedtime routine, however, it's usually past 8 when they actually fall asleep.

what time do yours go to bed and/or fall asleep?

thanks, jl

ps: please excuse me if i didn't do the 'poll' thing correctly or if it doesn't appear as a poll at all. it's my first time!;)

pps: ok, so it does not appear as a poll! what did i do wrong?

2. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I'll come back and try the poll later, but my boys go to bed between 6:30 and 7 and wake between 5:30 and 7 (yes a big gap, but on non teething days it's closer to 6:30).

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Okay, I set up the poll for you, but you can change the times or let me know what you want the choices to be. :good:

My two have always gone to bed at 7:15/7:30 and sleep until 7:30.

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Not sure where your poll is, but if you want to post the question and response options I think I can create the poll for you.

Mine go to bed between 8 and 8:30pm (and did during the SY too). They wake up between 7 and 8am.

ETA: Nevermind about the poll- Liz was too quick!

5. caba

caba Banned

I choose 8pm, but we put them to bed around 715pm ... but they sing, talk, read books, etc for a while before actually getting quiet and going to sleep (closer to 8pm) ... Hailey wakes up at 6am every single day ... Jake would sleep till 730am if she wasn't so freaking loud! But he usually gets up around 630am now ...

6. babymOmmax2

babymOmmax2 Well-Known Member

My kids go to bed at 7pm promptly. They also nap from 10-noon & 2-4 & on occasion we may miss or cut their 2nd nap short on a count of errands, etc & then we usually put them down at 6:30pm before they get too cranky & fight sleep.

ETA : They also wake between 7am-8am.

7. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

My girls go to bed at 7:00 every night and typically wake up between 7:30-8:00 the next morning. I have found if I put them to bed later they actually wake up earlier.

8. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinLove @ May 7 2009, 11:51 AM) [snapback]1304566[/snapback]
    Okay, I set up the poll for you, but you can change the times or let me know what you want the choices to be. :good:

thank you for doing that! i'd (tried to!) orginally set it up for before 6, 6:30, 7, 7:30, 8 and after 8. however, if you think that's too much, that's totally fine!

what did i do wrong?

thanks again,
    jl

9. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Ours go down at 7pm ~ OR if they are being extremely crabby & missed a nap then more like 6:45 :lol:

They wake up anywhere from 6:30 to 7, but most days we have them stay in their cribs till 7am :)

10. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

Mine go to bed at 6:00. Sometimes a bit later, but they do not handle later bedtimes at all. They used to sleep till 7:30, but in the past 10 days, they have decided to get up at 6-ish. :rolleyes: I want night owls, not early birds!!! (and yes, I know I played a role in this....)

11. maurahursh

maurahursh Well-Known Member

Mine are asleep by 6:30 and wake up around 6-6:30.

12. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(happychck @ May 7 2009, 11:57 AM) [snapback]1304584[/snapback]
    thank you for doing that! i'd (tried to!) orginally set it up for before 6, 6:30, 7, 7:30, 8 and after 8. however, if you think that's too much, that's totally fine!

what did i do wrong?

thanks again,
    jl

I just updated it to reflect the times you wanted. Hope that works for everyone. :)

13. Melissatwins84

Melissatwins84 Well-Known Member

What is wrong with my twins, they sleep too much!!!
    They get put down at 8pm most nights, very few nights we are late and they get to bed around 9pm. But then they sleep until 9am-10:30am (depending). Then they have one for sure nap 1pm-3pm. What is wrong with my twins, and why do they sleep this much? Am I doing something wrong?

14. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

At that age--- it was bed at 6:45/7 pm and up at 6/6:30 am with nap from 12-2or 3. Mine were (and still are) good sleepers!

FWIW: Bedtime is STILL 7PM andup at 6:30/7--but no nap.

15. walker006

walker006 Well-Known Member

Mine go to sleep around 8 and get up between 9-10. They like their sleep.

16. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I voted 7 in the poll, but that is an average. They go to bed b/w 6:30 and 7:30 depending on what time they woke up that day, which ranges b/w 6:30 and 8:30 and how well they napped that day.

17. Melissatwins84

Melissatwins84 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(walker006 @ May 7 2009, 02:23 PM) [snapback]1304638[/snapback]
    Mine go to sleep around 8 and get up between 9-10. They like their sleep.

Thank goodness my kids aren't the only ones. I was really starting to get worried.

18. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine are usually in bed by 7:30 and are usually up between 7-7:30 the next day.

19. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Another 7:30 to 7:30

I wish they would stay up later and therefore go to bed later, giving them lots of time with me and giving my husband valuable sleep time, but I just can't get that to happen.

20. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

I voted 730, but its actually 715 and they sleep until 630-7 in the morning.

21. sjohnson813

sjohnson813 Well-Known Member

My boys go to bed at 8:00 and wake at 6:00. Daycare has just changed them to 1 nap from 12:00-2:00, so I may move their bedtime up to 7:30???

22. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

QUOTE(babymOmmax2 @ May 7 2009, 01:55 PM) [snapback]1304573[/snapback]
    My kids go to bed at 7pm promptly. They also nap from 10-noon & 2-4 & on occasion we may miss or cut their 2nd nap short on a count of errands, etc & then we usually put them down at 6:30pm before they get too cranky & fight sleep.

ETA : They also wake between 7am-8am.

This is us EXACTLY!! :good:

23. eatcelery

eatcelery Well-Known Member

I'm not the norm. Mine go to bed att 11pm and get up at 11. I like it because we can go out and have a life and not have to rush home. Plus I get to sleep late too! They nap for 2hrs from 3-5. I often nap then too.

24. aandja79

aandja79 Well-Known Member

I'm sneaking over from the first year forum as mine are nearly out of their anyway. Mine generally go to bed at 7.15, and they generally sleep until 6.30 or 7 in the morning. DD occasionally wakes a little earlier, but she is pretty good at entertaining herself.

25. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

Mine go to bed at 7:00 and fall asleep pretty quickly. They get up between 5:30-6:30 a.m. (depending on teething, etc.). They nap for approximately 3 or 3.5 hours a day, sometimes in one nap, sometimes broken into two naps.

26. Chase&Parker's Mommy

Chase&Parker's Mommy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(eatcelery @ May 7 2009, 04:30 PM) [snapback]1304754[/snapback]
    I'm not the norm. Mine go to bed att 11pm and get up at 11. I like it because we can go out and have a life and not have to rush home. Plus I get to sleep late too! They nap for 2hrs from 3-5. I often nap then too.

Our boys are usually in bed by 8:30 pm and don't go to sleep until 9:30 or 10:00 pm after playing in their cribs - sometimes it could be 11:00 pm but that's not very often. They wake up about 9:30 or 10:00 am.

I'm glad we're not the only ones :) My DH is a SAHD and he pretty much dictates their sleep patterns. I would like them to go to bed earlier, but this is what’s working for us now.

27. fromthecabbagepatch

fromthecabbagepatch Well-Known Member

I put my daughter down at 9. She sleeps until 8:15 or so in the morning. I just feel like she doesn't get to spend enough time with her dad after he gets home from work. When she starts preschool next year (2010) I'll probably start putting her down earlier to make sure she gets enough sleep, but right now this works for us. She still gets her 10-12 hours in :)

28. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

if my dh got home sooner, I'd try for an earlier bedtime... but as it is he only get bathtime with them. I try for bathtime between 6:30p and 7pm then nursing and in bed no later than 7:30pm. They typically sleep until 7a... of course that depends on teething...

We also typically get a 2.5 hr nap in the morning and 1.5 in the afternoon... or like today I woke them after 1hr in the morning to go somewhere, and they've slept about 3 hours for the afternoon nap, so I guess whatever it is, its 4 hours of naps a day...

29. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Melissatwins84 @ May 7 2009, 12:16 PM) [snapback]1304624[/snapback]
    What is wrong with my twins, they sleep too much!!!
    They get put down at 8pm most nights, very few nights we are late and they get to bed around 9pm. But then they sleep until 9am-10:30am (depending). Then they have one for sure nap 1pm-3pm. What is wrong with my twins, and why do they sleep this much? Am I doing something wrong?

Trade ya!

30. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Mine sleep from 9:30pm to 9:30am, give or take. They nap for about 2.5 hours in the afternoon, from about 2:30pm to 5pm.

We did this on purpose, because I have to get my older one up in the morning, dressed, lunch made, etc. -- then my DH drives her to school -- so it's much easier if the little ones sleep until their big sister has already left the house!

This will all change in the fall, when Nadia will need to leave for school at 7:25am, and K&K will need to leave at 8:40am (two mornings of preschool). Bah. Not looking forward to it...it means DH and I will have to grow up, and stop staying up until 2am goofing off. ;)

31. JessiePlus2

JessiePlus2 Well-Known Member

I chose 8:30 because we usually put them to bed around 8:15 and they're asleep around 8:30. They wake around 6:45 am and take a 2 hour nap from 11:30-1:30.

I always get so jealous when there are these sleep polls. Why didn't I get kids who sleep 12 hours at night and take a 3 hour nap? ;)

32. caryanne07

caryanne07 Well-Known Member

Mine go to be every night at exactly 6pm and get up at 6am. They take a 2.5 to 3 hour nap from around 12:30 til 3pm everyday.

33. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

My boys are usually in bed around 7:30, but sometimes it's a bit earlier or later. It's pretty much 5 hours after their nap ends - that seems to be when they're ready to settle down for the night. They used to sleep 12 hours but now it's more like 11 (or even 10.5). I miss those 12-hour nights. But at least they're still napping a couple of hours a day most days!

34. alechiac

alechiac Well-Known Member

We're an 8 to 8 family here... now how much they sleep of that 12 hours varies. We put them down at 8 (or at the latest 8:30) and often we'll still hear them playing after 9, but we wake them up if they're not up already by 8:15 or 8:30 at the latest (and we won't go get them until 8 at the earliest unless there's crying).

They take two 1.5-2 hour naps/day from 10:30-12:30 and 3:30-5:30.

35. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

Darn my DH's genes. My boys go to bed at 8pm and get at at 6 sometimes 5:30am. I'm really hoping they go to 12 hr when they go down to one nap but probably not ....my Dh and Ss are early risers