What time do your babies wake

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Tracy5780, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Tracy5780

Tracy5780 Well-Known Member

so for the past 4 months our girls have been on a pretty set feeding schedule. As far as bottles are concerned they have them at 7am 11am 3pm and 7pm. For the past 2 months they have been getting up around 5am, and i am waiting until 7 to give them their first bottle because, well i dont know why. I guess i am just so used to the schedule i am afraid to not follow it(if that makes any sense)

What time do your LO's wake, and when do they get their first bottles?

Also, anyone with early wakers---If you feed your LO's at 5am, do they go back to bed rite away??

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

The boys generally get up at 7 am and I feed them right away. Will I feed William first as he is my screamer while Nathaniel plays, then I nurse Nathaniel. William is bottle fed. If they get up earlier, I usually just give them a paci, William, or pat their bum, Nathaniel, and they go back to sleep until 7 generally.

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think it sounds like you have a good schedule worked out! We were very similar at that age, bottles at 7, 10, 3, 7, bed at 7:30, up at between 6:30 and 7:00. I think it's good that you are waiting to give them their bottle until 7:00. You don't really want them to get used to eating at 5:30 because, hopefully, they are going to start sleeping later! Definitely don't do anything that might encourage the 5:30 waking! :lol:

4. piccologirl

piccologirl Well-Known Member

we always fed right away because the boys were hungry, but if your LOs are willing to wait i would maintain the schedule if i were you. if they seem like they're getting hungry sooner you might consider cutting the gap between wakeup and breakfast a bit.

5. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

We have early risers too, around 5:30am. And they have always woke up crying for their bottle. They cry while I carry them down the hallway to our room. They cry while I lay them on our bed and get their bottles situated. And they don't usually stop crying until I pop that bottle in their mouth :) I've never really tried to hold their bottles off longer, as I hate to hear crying first thing in the morning so my goal is to shut them up as soon as possible, LOL. Plus a lot of times after they take their bottle they will lay down on/around me and take a cat nap, which allows me to take a cat nap. Though its getting harder and harder to contain them on our bed when they decide they want to crawl around and play rather than cat nap. We have bed rails and a huge "pillow blockade" on our king bed and it all looks really quite ridiculous :lol:

6. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

Mine are waking up around this time as well and I always nurse them. Sometimes they go back to sleep afterwards, sometimes not...I never really know! We too are trying to figure out the perfect bedtime, but I think that we are now aiming for closer to 6 or 6:30 rather than between 7-8 which is what we had been doing. That way they get their full 11-12 hours if they sleep until between 5 and 6 a.m. At this point I'm just thrilled that they are sleeping through til 5:30 so my aim is to just deal with that as their regular wake up or 1st feeding time for now and get my butt to bed earlier so that it doesn't feel so hard to get up then! I know at some point they'll happily sleep later...

7. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

I have one early riser, who wakes at 4.30-5am. He wakes and ready to start his day. He is not hungry, just had enough to sleep, I guess...lol

I feed him around 6-6.15. My good sleeper wakes at 6-6.30, so he next feeding lines up.

8. brieh

brieh Well-Known Member

We are on about the same schedule as you (every 4 hrs), except 6:30 is usually our first feed of the day. If my girls wake early then I do hold off until that time. We play for a few minutes, have a visit with Dad before work and I make up the bottles. They never seem to be starving first thing. I think if it works for you and they are used to it, don't mess with a good thing. It makes the day more predictable. Easier to get out of the house or plan things.