What size shoes do your LO's wear?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by silver_stardust, Sep 30, 2010.

1. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

We live in a small town with few options for shoe stores, so during our recent trip to a larger town, we hit all the shoe stores looking for the boys' next pair of sneakers. I figured since the boys' last pair of shoes were a size 6 and 7 that their new pairs would be a 7 and 8 ... um, no. After searching for a size 7 & 8 in the same pair and having no luck, one of the shoe clerks at the last store we visited asked us if we wanted to measure the boys' feet. Sure. Turns out they are a size 8 and 9!!!! Holy cow! Here I've been cramming their big clod-hoppers into the wrong size since fall has come around!! POOOR LITTLE TOOTSIES!!! Note to self: Always have the kids' feet measured before looking for shoes. :good:

So just curious ... what size shoes do your LO's wear??

2. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

I did the same thing with my 9 y/o! Saw a great pair of sneakers I knew he would love, brought them home and he couldn't even get his foot in them. [​IMG]

My kids feet really vary.
    my 11 y/o is a 3.5
    9 y/o is a 2
    almost 5 y/o ds is 10 and d is 9

3. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

DD is just starting to fit into size 7. She has really long, narrow feet. DS is a 6 or 6.5

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Size 7's here. Ds has longer but skinnier feet. DD might be able to squeeze into a 6-6.5 but she has really fat feet. The 7's fit her fatness better :p

Their last shoes were a size 5, last winter, and I put them on the other day and it was a tight fit! So glad we checked them at target before I just went ahead and bought 6's! :lol:

5. sistersbeall

sistersbeall Well-Known Member

My girls are in a five or six. There feet are so fat it is always better to go up a size in most things.

6. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

Ogi: 5, P-Nut: 4

7. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I will find out this weekend. I am guessing a 4 and 5 though.

My oldest is a 13.

8. ssb2e

ssb2e Well-Known Member

DD is a 6 and DS is a 7.

9. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

My guys were in 5s all summer, but just grew into a size 6. They have small everything, including feet! :lol:

10. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

Size 3 or 4 for DD and 5 for DS. DS has huge fat feet. Glad this was posted because I need suggestions for FAT FAT Feet :)

11. Tracy5780

Tracy5780 Well-Known Member

We have a size 3.5 and a size 5 here at 14 months

12. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

My boys are 2, they will be 3 in January and they wear size 9 shoes.

13. aimeemorgan1218

aimeemorgan1218 Well-Known Member

My girls are in loose 4s right now but telling others to buy 5 for Christmas! Small feet our way!!!

14. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

Right now Will's in a 6W and Alex is in a 5.5W (though Alex is taller), but they are due for new shoes again soon; they haven't been measured since July. I ordered some New Balance sneakers on line for them this week and went ahead and ordered 7W for Will and 6.5W for Alex, and they almost seem too small already!

15. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

We are in 4's at 16 months! I didn't realize how petite my kids really were. I was told that anything with a wide (like stride rite) is good for fat feet.

16. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

My boys are an 8

17. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

My dd is 25 months and still in a 3! She can fit in a 4 but they are a little big - it is pretty hard to find good toddler shoes in such small sizes and then my ds has the fattest little feet you have ever seen and wears a 7 so shoe shopping isn't fun around here right now - probably why they pretty much live in crocs!

18. acjb2004

acjb2004 Well-Known Member

Both Matthew and Brandon are in size 6.

19. ilovemonkeys

ilovemonkeys Well-Known Member

Mine are almost 22 months and my DD is a size 7 and my DS a size 6 1/2. I bought a pair of size 6 for 50 cents for my DS to play in and I was surprised I couldn't get his foot in it.

20. Jen620

Jen620 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ellie is in a size 7 at 4 1/2.
    Jo is wearing an 11 at age 5 1/2.
    Annie is wearing a 13 at almost 8.

21. HoneyBear23

HoneyBear23 Well-Known Member

Aubrey and Dylan are almost 23 months and wear a size 8. Daddy is tall and big feet run in the family. My step-daughters have big feet (size 9<). I notice shoe sizes now that my two seem a bit on the big size.

22. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

Almost 9 year old ds wears a size 5
    Almost 8 year old dd wears a size 1
    2.5 year olds wear a size 8

23. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

WOW!! DD is 4 and a half and just getting into size 9's now!

oh and DS wears a 10.5 or 11

24. debid

debid Well-Known Member

My boys had skinny ski feet as toddlers -- long for their height and very narrow. I remember the summer when my boys were almost 2... they grew a full size (7 to 8) in 3 MONTHS. And then they slowed waaay down. Around age 3-4, their feet did not grow enough to need new shoes for well over a year. They're just now getting too big for their 10s so I bought them some 11s but it's crazy how unpredictable their growth can be.

25. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

This is what drives me nuts!! My guys were in size 4s for almost a year, then went from 5-6 in a matter of 3 months. :wacko:

26. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

We just went and got new shoes this past weekend. One is in a 9 and the other an 8.

27. mommyto3boys

mommyto3boys Well-Known Member

My youngest 2 have huge feet! They are just over 20 months and C wears a 7.5W and M wears an 8.5XW. My oldest DS (3.5 yrs) wears a 10.5.