What size shoes do your 16-17 month olds wear?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by monie rose, Aug 31, 2007.

1. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

I took all my sons to get new shoes because they all needed them. Well, I tried on 7 and 7.5 size shoes on the twins and they were tight. When I tried on the 8's they fit perfectly. So I was wondering if my sons have big feet or what.

2. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

Guess we have the opposite problem...we're tiny.

I bought both the boys a pair of Crocs in early June in size 2/3...they were roomy. By mid-July Nick could hardly be squeezed into them, I took them to buy new shoes. Joe went to a 4 and Nick a 5, but I bought them a little big. I don't want them outgrowing their shoes in another month or so.

I have a hard time finding decent shoes in stores that are that small, but for walkers. Be glad your boys are on the bigger side: you'll have more selection (and sales) to choose from.

3. micmose

micmose Well-Known Member

We're small here too DD wears about a 4 and DS is 5W or 5 1/2 in stride rite.

4. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

We're a little older at 18.5 months, but DS wears a comfy 5 and DD a 4.

5. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Mine wore size 3-4 at that age (and now are 4-5), but they have tiny feet.

6. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

At that age Jazz wore a 6 and Jessy a 4

7. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Lily's wearing a 5, Grace was just sized today at 3.5, but I bought her 4's for fall. They are 17 months, but little feet run in DH's family (his sisters and mom have teeny, tiny feet).

8. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

QUOTE(SweetpeaG @ Aug 31 2007, 08:18 PM) [snapback]388147[/snapback]
    I have a hard time finding decent shoes in stores that are that small, but for walkers. Be glad your boys are on the bigger side: you'll have more selection (and sales) to choose from.

I agree, it is hard to find smaller sized shoes for walkers. I keep thinking my girls' feet are abnormally small, but it sounds from this thread that they really aren't that small.

9. GrayHeathmommy

GrayHeathmommy Well-Known Member

My boys are 17mos and I just bought them size 8 SeeKai run boots for the fall and they fit (with regular socks) just fine right now. Their crocs are 6/7 and they are just about out of them!! My friend's son is 4 days older and he is in a size 5 shoe!!

My boys are relatively tall (34") but they have huge hands and feet!!! I think this is a better indication of how big they will be grown up!! Both my husband and I are over 6' tall so I suspect the boys will be tall also!!

So I think your boys do have big feet, but you are not alone!!! Is there height in your family??

Jen FB
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

All of my kiddos have worn 5's at that age.

11. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Small feet here too. At 18 months they are both in a size 4.

12. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

I guess they do have big feet! I guess all my boys will have big feet. Trent is in a size 11 for mens and he's only 13.

13. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

I guess my girls have really small feet they just moved up to size 3 and they are big on them.

14. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

Right now we are at 5.5 and 5.5W But I think I need to take them to get measured again. They may be ready soon to move up to 6's