What size clothes for next summer?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sulik110202, Jul 28, 2008.

1. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I want to hit some of the end of season clearance sales and am wondering how the toddler sizes run. My kids are just shy of 18 months old and are wearing 18-24 month clothes this summer. They fit really good and will probably be in those sizes this fall also. Would it be safe to stock up on 2T stuff or would 3T be a safer bet? These are my first children and don't know how fast they run through the toddler sizes. Thanks for the advice.

2. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

My sons were sons were 2 motnhs older then your children this time last year and they were in 24m/2T. Most of their clothes are 3T/4T this year. The 4T's are the cotton play outfits because they tend to be smaller or shrink and I line dry. I did roll over some 2T play outfits/pj's but by the beginning of this month they were just to tight or too short. I even picked up some sleevesless tanks at Old Navy clearance recently and I measured the 3T up against a 4T and if there isn't much difference I go with 4T. My boys are about 35lbs they were about 25-27lbs last year...HTH!

3. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I learned early on that it wasn't worth it to buy ahead for my kids. I would often end up with stuff that didn't fit them once the season came around. When they were 2.5, they were wearing 3T mainly.

4. chris629

chris629 Well-Known Member

I usually stock up on 2 diff sizes. If its a whole yr its the next size up and then the next size up from that. That way I have a little of both ready.
    Like Josh is in 4/5 shirts right now, so for next summer I would have mostly 5's and 6's, just in case he 1)either just gets taller and thins out (which is why he is in that big of a size at 2.5 because he was a bit chunky) and still fits 5's 2) jic he gets such a growth spurt that he needs the bigger size.
    I shop mostly garage sales anyway so if things are .25-1.00 I just stock up on whatever and really didn't spend that much anyway.

5. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

My girls are 11 months older than your kids, one is in the 5-10th percentile for weight, 25-50th for height. The other is 25th percentile for weight, 50-75 for height.

Last summer they wore 18 or 24 month tops (depended on the brand), and 12 or 18 month pants. The pants had to run small and have adjustable waist in order to wear the 18 month size.

This summer they wear 24M/2T bottoms and dresses, and they can both get away with 24M/2T tops, but in some brands size 3T tops really work better. I've bought them all 24M/2T bottoms, and 3T tops and dresses for fall.

Mine wear their proper "age" size in bottoms and usually up a size in tops/dresses, have all along. But I don't know if that is true for all kids.