What ridiculous things have you said recently?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by debid, Dec 22, 2007.

1. debid

debid Well-Known Member

Since the boys have gotten old enough to talk, I find that I pay more attention to what I say... and sometimes I crack myself up. Just now, I had to retrieve them after they tried to sneak outside and I said to them, "An oven mitt is NOT a substitute for shoes and a jacket... besides, it's dark outside." They did have oven mitts on but it still sounded funny after I'd said it.

2. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

I can't think of anything at the moment but what you said was hysterical! Thanks for a good laugh tonight.

3. ittybittyme

ittybittyme Banned

That made me chuckle! :)

I can't think of anything lately....lol.

4. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

"That's not your penis" :rolleyes: Unfortunately this is said at our house more often than I'd like to admit.

What's up with the oven mitts? My boys have been wearing them and trying to open my oven all month.

5. kerrmommy

kerrmommy Well-Known Member

OMG, what could top that one?

SweetpeaG, your boys are adorable...those dimples...I bet they leave a trail of broken hearts behind everywhere they go.

6. avaoliviamom

avaoliviamom Well-Known Member

Those are funny. A few months back biting was an issue here, and I had to say to one of them....

We DO NOT bite bums in this house!

So ridiculous, it was that moment when I was like Welcome to motherhood!!!

7. Cathmar

Cathmar Well-Known Member

OMG! Hysterical....
    It's what makes it all worth it....

I think every single day, if someone were to record me and play it back with no picture, I would be committed! Every time I change one of my daughter's poopy diapers, she ALWAYS tries to put her had in it...literally as soon as I open it up, she's grabbing at her butt. So everytime I'm saying to her, "why must you play with your poo?"

Also, my husband laughed at me on the phone last week. He called me from work and my girls were playing with each other out of my sight and they were giggling so hard. When I got to them, they both had their pants off. So all he heard was, "what are you guys doing? PUT YOUR PANTS BACK ON!"

8. dtlyme

dtlyme Well-Known Member

I can't think of anything I have said at the moment, but the other night when I was putting my 2 to bed and turned off the lights, Archer said, "Mom, it's too dark! Too dark! I can't see my ears!"

9. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

I got woken up at 3:00am this morning to "Clean pajamas! Wipe! No not that wipe!" :rolleyes: Then Bea joined in with "Banana pajamas back on!" OK, I guess that's more the ridiculous thing they said, but I said something like "Cleaning your pajamas is not an emergency!"

Until we got a new TV (now wall mounted and out of reach) I was constantly saying "We don't lick the TV!"

10. Mellizos

Mellizos Well-Known Member

What's up with the oven mitts? My boys have been wearing them and trying to open my oven all month.

Mine were also all about the oven mitts. They would slap at each other and laugh hysterically. :rolleyes:

11. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

My current favorite is "I'm going potty, does anyone want to come?"

Alas, we don't have much occasion to say "That's not your penis" around here -- though sometimes when DH is peeing and he lets them watch (they find this fascinating), I hear "OK, please move back, that's too close..."

12. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Yesterday we were heading out the door and DH said to me, "Hold on a sec, I have to go potty." I nearly died laughing hearing a grown man say that he needed to use the "potty."

13. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

Last night I had to tell Ethan that we do not take underwear off with our teeth. He had Emma's babydoll down stripping it with his mouth. He is going to be in a lot of trouble come high school.

14. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

QUOTE(firemedic @ Dec 23 2007, 12:19 PM) [snapback]544772[/snapback]
    Last night I had to tell Ethan that we do not take underwear off with our teeth. He had Emma's babydoll down stripping it with his mouth. He is going to be in a lot of trouble come high school.

ok this made me cry with laughter!!!

well the funny thing comes from DD when I open up DS's diaper she runs over, looks at his package and her eyes get really wide and she yells OOOOOOO like she's found the Holy Grail!

15. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

QUOTE(*Dana* @ Dec 23 2007, 10:42 AM) [snapback]544676[/snapback]
    I can't think of anything I have said at the moment, but the other night when I was putting my 2 to bed and turned off the lights, Archer said, "Mom, it's too dark! Too dark! I can't see my ears!"

Ok, those were all hysterical! This one though killed me! Like he can see his ears in the light!

16. KimberlyF

KimberlyF Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twoin2005 @ Dec 23 2007, 04:38 PM) [snapback]544749[/snapback]
    Yesterday we were heading out the door and DH said to me, "Hold on a sec, I have to go potty." I nearly died laughing hearing a grown man say that he needed to use the "potty."

My dh was at a bar with his friends and said, "I'll be right back, I have to go pee pee."