What kind of lovey do your babies have?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mnellson, Apr 12, 2008.

1. mnellson

mnellson Well-Known Member

My DD is getting attached to a little silk blanket with a bunny head. She likes to eat thed ears, and reaaly seems to love to sunggle with it. The twins call it her knuffle bunny... cute! What do your babies use for a lovey?

2. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Here is what my boys use. One has the puppy and the other has the duck. They fall asleep eating the nose/beak of their animal.

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

My babies have fleece blankets that I made, by cutting the ends and tying two blankets together.

4. mandyanna

mandyanna Well-Known Member

My Grace has the same lovey a blankey with a bunny head we call him Mr Bunny she NEEDS him to sleep!

5. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

We have the sateensnugs by GracoBaby. One is a frog and the other a lamb. Each is a head sews onto a blanket, one side soft, one side satin. And they NEED them to sleep also.

6. traci_roo

traci_roo Well-Known Member

Mine each have a taggie blanket from walmart that is fleece on one side and satin on the other and the tags are different textures. Avery definitely needs hers to sleep and Evan is so-so on it.

7. mrsmoon

mrsmoon Well-Known Member

My DD uses a blankey that I had when I was a baby. DS sleeps with one of my teeshirts that I have already worn.

8. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

QUOTE(seamusnicholas @ Apr 12 2008, 01:51 PM) [snapback]718364[/snapback]
    Here is what my boys use. One has the puppy and the other has the duck. They fall asleep eating the nose/beak of their animal.

We have the same ones, lol!!! Though mine both have bunnies one pink and one blue.

They hold up really well in the wash (they have been washed several times) we also bought a spare one for each, for those mishaps that can happen!!

9. New Mom

New Mom Well-Known Member

Mine have a blanket with a bear head on it. One side is silky and the other is soft. They are totally addicted to them and hold the corner up to thier nose when they suck their thumbs. I bought two extras just in case we lost them so my life wouldn't be miserable.

10. asahlin

asahlin Well-Known Member

at what age do they start having a lovey?? My babies don't seem attached to anything other than sucking their hands!! Haha

11. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

QUOTE(excitedk @ Apr 12 2008, 09:45 PM) [snapback]718819[/snapback]
    We have the same ones, lol!!! Though mine both have bunnies one pink and one blue.

They hold up really well in the wash (they have been washed several times) we also bought a spare one for each, for those mishaps that can happen!!

We bought spare ones too!

QUOTE(Twinsylvania April @ Apr 12 2008, 10:22 PM) [snapback]718877[/snapback]
    at what age do they start having a lovey?? My babies don't seem attached to anything other than sucking their hands!! Haha

I think it was around 6 months. We tried so bad to have them want something sooner but they never would get attached. But when they finally did, there was no going without it!

12. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

We have the one with the soft sided and satin ones too. Ours are little bear heads on the blanket. One pink one blue of course. DD loves hers since she was 4 months old and DS takes to it on occassion with naps. I think if you put it under your shirt during the day they will like it more since it will have your scent on it.

13. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

All three of our kids have Gund Comfy Cozies -- Nadia's is a pink bear, Karina's is a cream lamb, and Kevan's is a cream cow.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31QY...J1L._SS500_.jpg

I have four each of the lamb and the cow....K&K both love to sleep with them.

Currently we have two of Nadia's bear ("Boo") that we rotate through the wash -- and these are numbers 5 and 6 -- but we can't get any more, because Gund changed the tag style, and the new ones are NOT acceptable. (She rubs the tag while sucking her thumb.)

14. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

None of my three have gotten attached to anything yet. I got the girls Take-along Taggies when they were about 6 months old and always put them in their beds but they didn't take to them. Dax is pretty happy with his mommy and sisters so far.

15. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

mine could not sleep without a cloth diaper by their face until about a month ago--i don't know what happened, but they stopped needing it

i called them their "squishy" but now they just toss it out of the crib (another not so fun game) along with their binkies grrrrrr

16. Gumberly

Gumberly Well-Known Member

Both of their favorite loveys came from carters outlet. DD has a pink bunny with fabric in the ears and in a heart on her butt that I think is the cuties freaking fabric ever :lol: DS has a green horse. DD loves swinging hers back and forth by the ears and DS eats the noise on his. DS also likes to hold a burp rag and DD has a blanket (made with the above-mentioned fabric) that she likes.

17. 2betterthan1

2betterthan1 Well-Known Member

My boys are starting to get attached to these little bears that have a rattle in them, but they are very plush and small enough for them to hold any part. Austins routine is to shake the heck out of it before bed where Peyton likes to play with its face. They tend to put them in between them when they fall asleep so they are both holding both of them. Its sooooo cute, I'll have to post a picture!

Shannon

18. p31heather

p31heather Well-Known Member

they each have a bunny from Bunniesbythebay.com and they are still in good condition after several washings since they got them at 7 months old
    then they each also have their own favorite stuffed animal. Alexis likes her dog or her tiger. Rachel prefers her lamb.

19. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

Aiden is OBSESSED with his silkie. It's just satin fabric sewed in a square ;). It started out as a gift for him that was satin on one side & flannel on the other with his name embroidered on it, but when he got so attached, we made more 'cheap' ones. He crumples it in his hand & plays with it while sucking/chewing it along with his thumb. It's SOOO cute!

Conner could care less. As long as he has SOMETHING by his face, he can fall asleep (burp rag, blanket, etc).