What is/was your 12 week old's nighttime sleep routine?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by lianyla, Dec 12, 2011.

1. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Sebastian is 12 weeks old and he goes to bed at 6pm and sleeps until 2 am and then gets up again at 5 to eat. He is FF. With my twins, I know they did 12.5 at 14 weeks and I know that's rare.

What are your twins' sleep schedules like at roughly 12 weeks (ADJUSTED).?

Thank you!!

2. lianyla

And at his 4 or 5 am feeding he barely eats. He'll take like an oz or so. It's annoying. I think he's just getting up now out of habit but I ALWAYS feed him. At the 1:30 amish feeding he takes like 5 oz.

3. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Around 3.5 months is when my boys stopped eating at night, BUT, they didn't actually STTN until they were 9.5 months (they had reflux, etc.).

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

At 12 weeks, my two were going 11-12 hours at night. They stopped eating at night around 8-10 weeks. It sounds like your little Sebastian is doing really good with sleep!

5. lianyla

thanks gals!!

6. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Sarah slept about 12 hours straight through at that age (not because of anything we did -- she just quit waking up!).

Amy slept about the same 12 hours, but woke twice (around 1:30 and 4:30) for a bottle. We were able to drop the 4:30 feeding when she was about 6 months, but then she woke up at any random time after 5:30 (sometimes earlier) until over a year old, and she kept the 1:30 feeding till 14 months when we finally weaned her off it.

For the later feeding, try gradually replacing the formula with water until he's getting mostly water. He might be bored by it and quit waking up. That's how we finally got Amy off that last bottle, though she was a lot older by then.

7. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

omg!! Mine woke every 1.5 hours at 12 weeks...never even got a 2 hour stretch!! They went from waking all the time to sleeping 12 hours at 4.5 months.

8. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

Well they started sleeping 10-12 hours at 12 weeks, then Sierra regressed to 8-10 and now wakes at least once before 5/6am whereas Liara is sleeping 12/13 - one a sleeping beauty, the other a cat napper... I'm hoping that Sierra will go back to the 10-12, as I know she can do it, but she seems to be suffering from colic at the moment and it's making her really restless and she gets herself into a tizzy.

The things that worked for us, was swaddling, and ignoring the light periods that they go through and trying to settle them back to sleep as soon as they wake (if they don't wake crying that is).... unfortunately I am more able to do this than DH (he just thinks, oh they're awake, must feed LOL)!