What is the wise tale about heart rates and the babies sex?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kitkat72783, Dec 29, 2008.

1. kitkat72783

kitkat72783 Well-Known Member

I remember when I was preggo with my son the OB was like oh the HB it 1something it might be a boy they say over a certain number is a boy and under is a girl. Anyone heard this? What are the numbers? Anybody ever found any truth in it?

2. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

I believe they say girls have faster heart rates than boys. I forget what they say the number is- 145 maybe??

3. Kaelan

Kaelan Well-Known Member

i don't know about there being any truth to it or not, but my boys have been in the 140's at every u/s.

4. rhc0607

rhc0607 Well-Known Member

I was wondering about this too, since I found out the heart rates today. The nurse said that below 145 is "supposed" to mean boy and above 145 is a girl, but she said that is just a prediction like the chinese calendar.

5. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

I have twin boys and a boy due any day now and their heart rates are in the 150's

So for me higher heart rate means boys:)

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The old wives tale is girls have a faster hearbeat. That has been true for my girls. My oldest DD was always over 155. Emilie was always over 150. But early on, before 10 weeks Trevor's was in the 160's. But after 12 weeks his was always in the 140's.

7. Joanna416

Joanna416 Well-Known Member

Has always rang true for me - with my oldest DD (5) she was always in the 160's - with this pregnancy, my girl is always in the high 150's-160's and my boy is always in the 130's-140's

I've heard others say different but this has been the case for me

8. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The old wives tale is over 150 means girl, under 150 means boy.

My ds's was 140-150 range. My dd was 145-155 range, and these two are both in the 145-160 range and its' b/g :)

I read somewhere it has more to do with mom's heartrate, and with babies activity level as to what their heartrate will run, and it can vary from day to day a bit. I think it's just a fun guess! :)

9. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

My girl has always had a slower HB than my boy. But I have heard that girl are suppose to faster; just not in my case.

10. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

I'm really surprised your OB told you that; from what I've read, as well as heard from my own OB, there is zero evidence to back that up; it's true for some people but then, it has a 50-50 chance of being right. ;)