what is entertaining to these kids?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Leila956, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Leila956

Leila956 Member

Can someone please help me?? How do you entertain two 15 month olds when EVERYTHING, and I do mean EVERYTHING, goes straight into their mouths?? Are there any homemade/cheap/simple things that you guys have found to be a winner (that doesnt pose a toxic or choking hazard?)
    Thank you guys!! :)

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wooden/cloth blocks. Mega blocks. Jumbo puzzles. Good ole pots & pans & spoons. Busy ball popper. Pillows.

3. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

My kids love all their Little People - tons of options, and definitely not a worry about choking on most of them (a few are 2 and up, but many are 1 and up). Also, like a pp mentioned, Mega blocks are very popular with my guys, too. But I have to say, in the last couple of months, they have gotten MUCH better about not putting everything in their mouths, so hopefully you are getting close to that, too.

4. mom2gc

mom2gc Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the day when they will not first taste everything I give them to play with. I was given the tip that whatever I give them to play with must not be able to fit through an empty toilet roll.

Mine love to play with empty boxes (cereal for example) and putting other objects/smaller boxes into it and taking it out again. Shaking these to make a noise etc.
    They love unpacking the laundry basket (not so good when it comes to putting the dirty clothes back into the basket :rolleyes: )
    I have a drawer in the kitchen that they are allowed to unpack with measuring cups, containers and big plastic dishing up spoons.

Blocks of any kind are always a hit.Just make sure they are big.

When can one start with play dough as I think mine will probably eat this in stead of playing with it?

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I waited until 2 when mine were much better at not putting everything in their mouth.

6. mom2gc

mom2gc Well-Known Member

Thanks, we will have to wait a while still.

7. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I started close to 2. Even then they still want to eat it, although they know they shouldn't. (When I say, let's do playdough, they respond "Don't eat it!"... evidently I've drilled it in a bit :lol: )

8. cm301263

cm301263 Well-Known Member

my kids love to play with tupperware bowles etc especially items that have handles...

9. HorseyLover

HorseyLover Well-Known Member

Mine loved tupperware for a long time too. We kept our in a bottom drawer in the kitchen, so they could open the drawer and put the tupperware in and out. Then they would crawl around with the tupperware - pushing it around the house.