What high back booster seat do you have?

Discussion in 'General' started by jjzollman, Mar 10, 2012.

1. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

My 7.5 year old is moving out of his 5pt harness into a high back booster and I'd love to hear what HBB you have and what you like/dislike about it.

Thanks!!

1 person likes this.
  2. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

We have the graco one. DS has had no complaints. We also have an evenflo one it was a lot cheaper than the graco but not as much padding. We use it for my car which he doesn't ride in as often.

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My twins are in the Graco Turbobooster. It's also the same kind I used for my oldest DD when she was in one as well. No complaints. :good:

4. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

we have the Graco Nautilus in one vehicle and the Evenflo Big Kids in the other...although I wouldn't spend the money on the Nautilus at this point since he probably won't have to be in the booster for very long (is your state 8 years old)? Although we have taken the backs off the seats at this point

1 person likes this.
  5. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

The law is 8, but you know me, Amy. Boosters are recommended until kids are 4' 9" and when they can pass the 5 step test http://www.carseat.org/Boosters/630.htm - so at just a hair over 4', he's got awhile. :laughing:

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Graco turbo boosters here too! I like that I can take the back off eventually. My son just came out of his backless booster last year at a little over 9 yrs old. He was finally tall enough!

7. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

My neighbor has a tiny daughter. She is 9 and still sits in a booster. I think it is prudent as parents really should look at how the seatbelt sits before just ditching the booster because of age.

1 person likes this.
  8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I feel so lucky that my older boys survived, they are way older- 18,15 and 13. I turned them forward facing at like 11 months and got rid of the car seats at 4. Easton will rear face until he is probably 2 and at the rate my girls are going they will be in high school and riding in a booster LOL!!! Travis calls me the car seat police. I am seriously freaky about it. We don't have boosters yet but I appreciate you posting this, so that I will also know which ones are the best!

9. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

We use the Graco turbo boosters too. My 3 year old just started in a booster too. I know, a little early. But he will be 4 in April, and is 46lbs and 43" (almost the same size as my 6 1/2 year old!).

10. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

We have 2 different kinds (for each car and 3 kids in boosters). We use the Graco and also the Compass. We also still have one kid using a Britax BLVD in a (extra) car that doesn't have a cross body seatbelt on the middle spot. My kids never complain about the difference in one or the other.

11. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

um yea he's bigger than both of mine!!!

12. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

It's crazy Amy. Most people assume he is in Kindergarten, and he blends well with the 1st graders in Peyton's class, too.