what gift to get for 4 year birthday girls?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by someone, Jul 13, 2012.

1. someone

someone Well-Known Member

My twin girls are almost 4. What do 4 year old girls like to play with? i need gift ideas.. big gifts as well as smaller ones. they have a play kitchen and doll house, as well as enough barbi/princess type of toys. they also already have my little pony toys.. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

2. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

My girls loved Polly Pockets and Calico Critters starting at about four. Also Shrinky Dinks and beading supplies to make bracelets and necklaces (big beads on pipecleaners is the easiest way to go).

3. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

- leappad etc (they're coming with new models in the fall for all of them though)
    - dollhouse accessories
    - bike
    - playmobils
    - legos
    - polly pockets
    - little pet shop
    - dress up clothes

4. someone

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. keep them coming! they have a few polly pockets. will look into the other stuff! what is playmobils? (ill look online) but just curious if you can explain it a little and also tell me if it's something good they they will share etc.

5. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

They're playsets pretty much. I absolutely loved them as a kid. They do come with a lot of tiny pieces though. My sister has some and my kids had a blast playing with them when we went to visit.

6. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

My kids weren't much interested in Playmobil until more like age 5. Soooo many tiny pieces. Actually, they don't really play with them independently that much even now -- we get them and all set them up together, which they enjoy, and then they go back in the box and rarely come out again.

Maybe mine are just the few on the planet who aren't really into Playmobil.

What they did love was Magna-Tiles. They are expensive, so it would be kind of a "big gift," but they got them for Christmas when they were 5 and played with them literally almost every day for a year. And 4 would not be too young (they had them in daycare at that age) because they're so easy to put together.

7. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Zoobles
    Squinkies
    Shrinkie dinks
    Target has these tiny stuffed animals that my girls really like.

Ty big eyed stuffed animals
    Leap pad
    Brave toys (jazz wants the bow and arrow set)
    Art supplies and crafts

8. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Lego
    Grocery store items (fake foods, cash register, fake money)
    Another vote for Littlest Pet Shop stuff or MLPonies
    Princess clothes
    hair accessory kits (I bought a headband set, and Alice loved doing it)
    Perler beads

9. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Alden - if you see this... do your girls still play with their Magna Tiles? My mom is thinking of getting my girls a set for Christmas; the girls will be five and a half and I'm not sure if that's too old? Thanks!

10. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Aside from all the other suggestions, my girls loved (and still love) blocks of any kind.

11. someone

thanks everyone! they have magna tiles, and i don't think 5 is too old.. it's the type of thing that can last years and different ages can play with it.