What do you miss or what do you think you'll miss?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by miss_bossy18, Jul 25, 2013.

1. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Came across this blog post listing some things this particular mom misses about breastfeeding. So what do you miss or what do you think you'll miss when you're done?

For me, it's hands down the oxytocin! I love how quickly and easily I relax while breastfeeding Emmett. I'm gonna miss that little daily hit of the love hormone when he weans (which I hope won't be for at least another year or two).

2. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Yes, yay for oxytocin! I loved that warm, comfortable feeling that came with a well-established nurser! I loved how mama milk fixed pretty much every issue (real or imagined) for my toddlers. I loved snuggling a baby in the middle of the night, and how they just fit so perfectly right next to my body in bed.

1 person likes this.
  3. lcjackman

lcjackman Well-Known Member

Oooh I totally agree with number 11. I love (d) having a reason to scoop my babies up and take them away from the hordes of people that wanted to hold them for a little quiet time. Both of my girls needed that when things got crazy.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I will miss the instant comfort for all of us. I will miss the way they absolutely go nuts when I get home from work. I'll miss the extra snuggles.

1 person likes this.
  5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Babies being 'milk drunk'. Every once in a while my big baby falls asleep nursing, like today, and I get emotional thinking this might be the last time I'll get to do it.

Sicknesses ending in 2 days verses 2 weeks after they wean.

Sitting down. I don't necessarily need to sit as much as twins in the middle of a growth spurt need me to sit down, BUT. Annabelle only nurses once a day now and 3xs a day sitting down and the hit of Oxycontin was really great.

1 person likes this.
  6. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

I loved this blog and this thread! Mostly I love it because the author mentioned at the beginning that her intention was to talk about some of the wonderful things about nursing so mom's that were struggling would maybe read and decide to keep on trying. I was one of those moms and would have loved to read something like this! Anyway, some of my favorite things about nursing my singleton and my twins:

1. The little noises they made while they were nursing
    2. Watching their little hands touch my skin ever so gently (yeah, sometimes it wasn't so gentle, but I'm not talking about those times!)
    3. I loved when they were nursing and would look up at me, pause, smile (with milk dribbling out), then return to nursing
    4. When they'd fall asleep while nursing and unlatch with their mouths open and milk dribbling
    5. When they'd find my hair and play with it (of course, again, not talking about the times they pulled my hair!)
    6. That my body was continuing to provide all the nourishment my baby/babies needed
    7. The few minutes of doing absolutely nothing and not having to feel guilty about it
    8. Being the only one that could do this one thing for my baby/babies
    9. Being able to cure all that ails by nursing
    10. Having babies that never seemed to get sick
    11. With the twins, I loved how their little hands always seemed to find each other and they would end up holding hands

Oh goodness, I could go on and on! I loved nursing and am so glad I made it through the really rough months at the beginning. It's been 5+ years since I nursed my boys, so I had forgotten a lot of this until I read this thread and started typing. Sweet memories . . .

1 person likes this.
  7. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I miss being able to "knock Cooper out". 5 minutes on the boob and that boy would be sound asleep. These days it takes forever and he gets out of bed a million times.

1 person likes this.