what do you drink

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by DenaP, Dec 4, 2006.

1. DenaP

DenaP Well-Known Member

I am now 19 weeks preg with the twinners.. [​IMG] I am so thirsty all the time.. After I have drank about 1 gallon of water I could sure use some flavor. I am not a milk fan.. So I have slipped some Diet Coke in and also some caff free swiss mocah driniks..
    Just thought I would see what yall do to spice up the liquid side of your life..
    Dena

2. DenaP

DenaP Well-Known Member

I am now 19 weeks preg with the twinners.. [​IMG] I am so thirsty all the time.. After I have drank about 1 gallon of water I could sure use some flavor. I am not a milk fan.. So I have slipped some Diet Coke in and also some caff free swiss mocah driniks..
    Just thought I would see what yall do to spice up the liquid side of your life..
    Dena

3. Eimear

Eimear Well-Known Member

I love minute maid lemonade and cherry limeade. When I get totally fed up with drinking these my dh will make me juice slushies(sp).

4. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I am mostly drinking water and milk. Occasionally I'll have a chocolate Boost drink...

Those juices sound delicious though! [​IMG]

5. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

Apple juice, decaf tea and caffiene free mountain dew!

6. JASB

JASB Well-Known Member

I too drink lots of water and milk, but that gets boring.

To add some flavor to the water, I will add lemon or lime slices.
    Also, I will mix some low sugar juice with water.

Another good drink that I like is vanilla yogurt smoothies. I mix vanilla yogurt, choice of fruit (love berries and bananas - I freeze fresh fruit so I don't have to add ice cubes) and milk. Taste like a healthy milkshake.

7. sitkamom

sitkamom Well-Known Member

My favorite smoothies these days are:
    1 cup frozen berries
    1 frozen banana
    1/2 cup yogurt
    1 cup orange juice.

I also add some protein powder and ground flax seed to that so I get a little extra without having to taste it. I can't stand those protein powders usually (they nver mix well for me), but mix them up with frozen fruit and yogurt and YUMMY!!

8. Mommy2PJ

Mommy2PJ Well-Known Member

Water, apple juice, apple cider, diet coke, boost. DH brought home some cherry 7up the other day and I've been having one of those at night too. I know, lots of sugar, what can I say?

9. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

I really miss the carbonation in my drinks, so I drink seltzer water. It is non-flavored carbonated water and I will add a little fruit juice to it for flavor. I also have to have decaf coffee for breakfast, mainly I need it for the flavored creamers that I am addicted to. [​IMG]

10. Mari Thomas

Mari Thomas Member

at first it was apple juice.
    Then a breif affair with cranberry.
    Then Ruby red grapefruit juice.
    Then for a very long time only white unsweetened grapefruit juice.

But lately i have branched out and can drink water and targets italian soda's yeaeaeaeaeaae!
    oooohhh and the occasional carnation hot chocolate with a swig of eggnog in it.

For some reason corn syrup and i dont get along well right now.

Mari
    Newbie to the board

11. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Ok, I 'm with you on water, milk juice...

But are you telling me that I'm the only one cheating and drinking a can of Coke every now and then???
    'Fess up, ladies!

AND, I have one cup of coffee on Saturday mornings with DH. [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. AWillow

AWillow Well-Known Member

no coke, but I'll admit that here and there I order my latte from Starbucks, and don't get it decaf. But I figure 1 caffinated drink every week isn't going to hurt the boys.

Besides that I drink 72 - 100 oz of water a day, Milk, Cranberry juice and Caffine free Iced tea.

When I go out to dinner I always have Cranberry juice mixed with Sprite, Makes me feel like I'm having a drink. [​IMG]

13. Marbear

Marbear Well-Known Member

I drink decaf tea, milk, juices mixed with water (can't stand full strength), caffeine free diet pepsi, caffeine free diet dr. pepper. I am ADDICTED to mixing a heaping teaspoon of cocoa powder and sweetener in a tablespoon of hot water and then making chocolate milk with it. It is so much better than chocolate milk syrup...more dark chocolatey taste and not that sickly sweet taste.

Sara- you aren't the only person who indulges in coke. I avoided it for a long time until I finally went hog wild and got a 20 oz diet mountain dew (my FAVORITE because sugared stuff is too syrupy to me). I am so mad it doesn't come in caffeine free here (but my sister in Alabama can buy it, so that sucks for me). I found out it is not anywhere near the limit for caffeine per day, so I've had a few since then...no more than 2 a week I'd say. There are entire days I go without caffeine, so I don't feel bad, either.

14. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

When I need flavor I opt for decaf ice tea, juice, strawberry milk, and sprite or rootbeer if we go out to eat.

15. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

Sara you aren't the only one to cheat. I absouletly love fountain mountain dew and have a small one every day. I tried to get DH to put a fountain machine in at the house (but not got him to go for it yet)!

16. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Ha, if you would have asked "what do you drink" about 10months ago I would have had a totally different answer ... [​IMG] [​IMG]

quote:
    I absouletly love fountain mountain dew

So do I!!! I work in food services and in the cafeteria at the college I work at there is mtn dew on tap ... I used to do half diet, half reg ... yum!!!

Let's see ... tons of milk and water, a can of Diet Coke maybe every other day or every third day ... I've been loving these smoothies from this cafe at the hospital where my appts are, I go 3x a week now and probably 2 of those times I get a fruit smoothie, YUM ... and frappucinos from Starbucks, but I do get them decaf ... lattes too ... I don't really drink fruit juice.

Sprecher Root Beer. YUM.

Last night I really wanted some white wine for the first time in months, but I didn't have any.

And hot cocoa. I actually cried last night because I wanted hot cocoa and I make it with 2 packs and milk in this huge mug with whipped cream, and we only had 1 pack. I stood in the pantry and cried. Hormones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. mooshie

mooshie Well-Known Member

this may sound crazy, but I actually crave ice water! like 4-5 glasses a day! I love the cold water, and then chewing the ice after! Ice just isn't the same unless it's been in a cup of water first.

but I also like to drink chocolate milk, and juice of all kinds (even the occasional kool-aid, come on admit it you all drink it with your kids too!). and hot chocolate is always a fun treat for me. then there's the occasional sprite or rootbeer, but the carbination just doesn't really agree with me.

I think I'll have to try that smoothie idea though. It's always nice to have a variety.
    Michelle

18. khendrix

khendrix Well-Known Member

Overachiever,
    You're not the only cheater! Actually, we aren't cheating. My doctor told me I could have two cans of diet drinks each day. I've been doing it, too. Hopefully it really is all right.

With my first pregnancy, I was so good. I never drank any soda. This time it's been different. Anyway, I feel like the caffeine is being split between the two of them. They're all right, right????

19. happymel

happymel Well-Known Member

I am addicted to juices. I drink a lot of apple and grape juice. I like water with lemon in it. I also enjoy chocolate milk and gatorade. I have only had one cup of coffee my whole pregnancy and it didn't do anything for me so I don't hink I'll go back to being a coffee drinker.
    Also, I have had a coke before my u/s on a few occasions so that we would be better able to find out their sexes. It worked.
    Melanie( 22 weeks b/g twins)

20. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

milk, strawberry milk, water and gatorade.

i miss my diet soda - but i promised my husband i wouldn't. earlier in the pregnancy i was drinking regular 7-up, but it's so high in sugar and no protein - milk is high in sugar, but has protein.

i was planning to have a big Pepsi One in recovery, but I'm thinking carbonation and c-section may not go so well together.

miriam

21. Marbear

Marbear Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right about the carbonation and c-section. Those first post-surgery toots are ROUGH!!!!!!!!!

22. tdemarco01

tdemarco01 Well-Known Member

HI there,

I lived on and still live on CranRaspberry and Soda Water. The Cranberry is real good for your urinary tract and the soda water gives it that carbonation kick without the pku's or caffeine.

Teri D

23. Laura in Alaska

Laura in Alaska Well-Known Member

I'm drinking as much water as I can stand, but i really hate it! I try to have a glass of milk and an ensure everyday. I've never been able to take the syrups in sodas while pregnant. So, when I need a change lately, I've been reverting back to my favorite sweetened iced tea (i know, i know, its bad for me). I also love strawberry milk. I can't do too many fruit juices right now, cuz with this pregnancy came a sensitivity to pectin! [​IMG]

24. momoftheforest

momoftheforest Well-Known Member

I admit it. I have a Coke every now and then. Actually, it settles my stomach better than the Tums. My daily "routine" is usually oj for breakfast, then lots of water, then I have an iced tea for lunch that lasts me all afternoon. Then water again when I get home until I go to bed. If the heartburn is really bad or Im eating something extra yummy (like pizza) I gotta have the Coke. Im sure my DH is going to make me stop soon like he did with our 7 month old. But until then Im going to indulge.

25. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried those crystal light on-the-go packets? You just pour one in a bottle or glass of water, and it's the perfect ratio. I got so sick of water, I've started with those. I used to be a huge Diet Coke fiend....probably 40 oz a day, but since getting pregnant with twins it tastes metallic to me, so the cravings aren't there anymore. probably good considering my babies would be on a caffeine high right now otherwise!

26. Mari Thomas

Mari Thomas Member

Hey melanie .. thats cool about the soda befor sonograms does that really work? I have never heard of that one. Has anyone else tried it with any success? I am desperate to know what gender the babies are.

Mari
    Newbie to the board

27. TJCache

TJCache Member

I crave Ice Water, it's really all I want. Before getting preggo I hated ice in my water, now I won't drink it without it.

Oh and Eggnog[​IMG] Pastuerized of course [​IMG]

TJ
    EDD 20 FEB b,b

28. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

Lots of water for me, and as much milk as i can stand (since i eat about three big bowls of cereal a day i'm not too worried about the milk.

The weirdest thing is that i NEVER drank soda before i got pregnant, and haven't drunk caffeine in about fifteen years, but suddenly regular COKE is my new best friend. I think it's the combination of the carbonation, the coke syrup (didn't they used to give that to kids for upset stomach??). So - i'm trying to limit myself to one can a day, but i can't believe how delicious and satisfying i'm finding coke. It's so out of character for me. Then again, i've started eating potato chips, too!