What are your kids Bed times

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by geaemama, Apr 14, 2007.

?

During the week what time is your kids beadtime.

1. 6pm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 7pm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8pm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 9pm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 10pm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Later than 10pm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. They have no bedtime - they can stay up as late as the like!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. geaemama

geaemama Well-Known Member

Hey ladies,

Our twins are younger but we also have a four year old and a six year old. Up until about a month ago we sent them to bed at 9 pm - but I found them to be too tired in the morning (I work and they have school and they were super hard to get up and out). I changed it to 8 pm. I think it is great. The twins won't go to sleep until the two older ones are asleep so the babies have been getting to sleep earlier. I love this because it gives me a little more time to do things at night. My husband says he wants the kids to go back to 9 because he thinks 8 is too early. What do you think and what time do your kids go to bed on school nights.

Angel

2. niftywriter

niftywriter Well-Known Member

My 11 year old twins go to bed at 8...sometimes 8:30 of there is a hockey practise after supper.

All of our kids had early bedtimes and I found it good for all the reasons you mentioned. But definitely the biggest facotr was that they needed the sleep.

3. tarajh

tarajh Well-Known Member

As of now, they go to bed between 8-8:30 (tho we do our best to keep it as close to 8 as possible). I think that when we start school this year they will need to be closer to 7:30 since they sleep until 7:30-8 in the mornings now but will need to be up before 7 to make it to school on time.

4. krysn2ants

krysn2ants Well-Known Member

I try to get the boys to bed by 7:30 but sometimes they don't make it until closer to 8. They've had this bedtime for several years...basically since they started school. They hate going to bed this early b/c some of the neighbor kids will still be outside playing :eek: and they can hear them but I always tell them that I don't want to deal with grumpy boys in the morning and they go right to sleep about 95% of the time anyway.

5. LisaGoeke

LisaGoeke Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My boys are 5 1/2, bedtime is 9 p.m., even on weekends (usually). I wake them up at 7:45 a.m. on school days.

6. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

It has been in bed at 8 pm and lights out at 8:30 (they read for a bit), but this year (3rd grade) we've let them go to bed at 8:30 and lights out at 9 pm.

7. heathernd

heathernd Well-Known Member

Well, my kiddos go to bed at 9pm during the week only because they still take a nap at preschool during the day. I have a feeling, that in the fall, bedtime will be 8 pm (no nap in Kindergarten). I wake them up at 6am during the week, and on the weekends they sleep in.

8. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

My boys are 12, in 6th grade. Bedtime for them is 10:00 pm. They have to get up at 7:00 am.

9. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Bedtime here is around 8. When they were smaller it was 7, but over the last year and a half, it has moved up to 8.

10. momoftwoangels

momoftwoangels Well-Known Member

The girls are in bed between 8:30- 9:00

11. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

7:30 for Hayden and Brady, and 8:30 for Jackson. They get up around 7 am.

12. twinbears

twinbears Well-Known Member

Somewhere beteen 7:30 and 8 on school nights. Later on week ends.

13. BGTwins97

BGTwins97 Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm new here!

My b/g twins are 9 and go to bed around 9 on school nights. I usually read to them from about 8:45-9:15. If there's something they want to watch on TV until 9PM, then they go to bed right afterwards without me reading to them.

They get up around 6:45 or 6:55 at the latest.

14. Jamesb

Jamesb Well-Known Member

My boys go to bed when they are tired, we have never had to fight with them.
    There has never been an issue with them on any school day from not having enough sleep the night before. If anything when their mum is away I often keep them up late on weekends!

15. Cath76

Cath76 Active Member

My 6yr old girls are in bed at 7.00pm on school nights and 8.oopm at weekends/holidays etc.
    My 1 yr old girls are in bed by 5.oopm every night and sleep for about 13.5 hours.

16. Caleb2Cody

Caleb2Cody Well-Known Member

My boys were in preschool last year and their bed times were at 9 PM during the week and 10 on the weekends. With them starting K, we will probably keep that the same and see if we need to adjust within the first couple of weeks. I have one that does not require much sleep and then the other is like his momma, needs 10 hours. So we will have to see how if goes, because they will also not be used to getting up that early either.