What are your babies' nicknames?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Becca34, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

I would love to hear what you call your munchkins, and the stories behind those names...

Kevan --

Kev-Kev or Kev-man or Kevski (the obvious ones)

Stuff
    (Our pediatrician likes to call him "Big Stuff," said with a thick southern accent, and that has stuck....now, he's known in our house as just Stuff. DH and I will actually say, "Here, you take Stuff, he's fussing...")

Karina --

Karina-Bina

Thumper
    (she SLAMS her legs down in her crib repeatedly, and you can hear it clear across the house. She's quite a brute, LOL)

Grumpy Grouper, or just "Group" for short
    (she likes to stick out her lower lip and play with her two bottom teeth, and she looks just like a Colossal Grouper....DH and I used to scuba dive, and we got a kick out of looking for this fish...)

Thunder-Stuff
    (spoof on Kev's nickname, because she's got thunder thighs!)

As an aside, I used to call Nadia "Boohbah" when she was little, before I'd ever heard of the show. Then I read that those two syllables -- "boo" and "bah" are the ones that come most naturally out of mothers' mouths when talking to their babies. That's why the show was named that....her nickname evolved into Boobish, and then The Boobish. She even had frilly bloomers with Boobish embroidered across the butt in pink (that's a very Southern thing, LOL).

2. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Reese: Reesey or Reesey Bug/Reesey Bear.

Riley: Riley Bug or Riley Bob (his middle name is Robert) but we used to call him Riley Bobble because he looked like a bobblehead doll for a while. We're so nice. :p

Our ped calls them Turkey and Butterball.

Andrew is Bubby or just Bub and Blake is Bugga or Blake A Bear.

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

They are both punkin or missy moo (not sure why) :rolleyes: !

Other nicknames:

Meara: Meara-monkey, Monkey (or sometimes Monks for short), and Missy Meara

Ana: Ana-banana (even though her name is pronounced Ah-na.. I hope she'll eventually learn the correct way to say banana!), Miss banana, Banana bread (all banana nicknames are mis-pronounced to rhythm with her name), and Munchkin.

It amazes me that they actually know their names!

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

The first year we had a lot of them:
    Lauren: Lolo lungs, Lola, monkey, little peanut...
    Emma: Emmie, Emmers, Emma lou, Emma lemma, chunky monk, tank...

We have settled on:
    LoLo and Emma Lem :wub:

5. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

We call Elizabeth one of several names. Miss E, the Fabulous Miss E, Fabulous, and the one we use the most Chick-a-Choo! Chick-a-choo is what my Great Grandfather called my Grandmother. The twins were born on her birthday and the named seems to suit her well.

Thomas we really only call Tug or some variation of Tug like Tuggy, or Tuggy Bear! We call him that as he is as strong as a Tug Boat!

How could I have forgotten this one? Grandma calls them Little Bits and Mega Bits!

6. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

We usually call Andrew Drew, but bubby and Mister Man also make the list. He loves when we call him Mister Man, it gets a smile every time.

Olivia we call Livi, or O, or Sissy, she answers to anything.

7. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Annalise is "tiny girl" "so pretty" and "twink" (twinkie)

Nikola is "Nikola honey" and "beautiful boy"

8. idtwinstx

idtwinstx Well-Known Member

My children will probably never know their real names. DH and I never call each other by our names (actually when he says my name I know he must be mad). Our dogs don't know their names either. So here are SOME of mine for my boys

Jack- Jack-o-lantern (my babes were born in October), Jackabee, Action Jackson

William-Willabee, Woo, Willamanjaro

I call them both my little bear cubs.

We are weird people what can I say! :p

9. Cynthia3200

Cynthia3200 Well-Known Member

Addison- we call addie ba daddie
    Samantha- Sa- mannie nannie

10. aandax246

aandax246 Well-Known Member

Garrett - gets called a lot of things - Little G (he's named for his paw paw), G Man, Big Man, etc.

Mason - Little Man, but mostly Mace

11. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

I always said that I will not shorten my girls names but lo an behold it got done.
    victoria is being called Missy as she is a real little princess and vry pedantic.
    Atena - Boeps. No idea where that came from. My 10 year old calls her this.

12. caba

caba Banned

These are so funny! Crazy the things we come up with.

Jake is Bubba. I always call him that ... My sister went from Butterball to Butters to McButters (she's a Grey's fan). She even got him a onesie that says "Who needs McDreamy when you can have McButters".

Hailey is Boots or Bootsy. I have no idea why. My mom starting calling her that when she was tiny tiny, and it just kinda stuck. It have nothing to do with Dora. :cool: We also sometimes call her Hailey Bird or Hailey Bean.

I gotta admit, it all sounds silly when I type it out! haha

13. witmuch

witmuch Well-Known Member

We call Aubrey "Chunky Monkey" because she is our chunky girl and we call Avarey "Squirmy Wormy" because she never stops moving.

Lots of love!
    Meshell

14. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

Roman is frequently shortened to "Roe" and Joel, believe it or not, I actually shorten to "Joe"

so, even though I never intended to give my twins matchy names, they ended up with matchy nicknames!

Oh, we also call Roman "Superman" because he likes to stick one or both arms out in front of him like he's "flying" like Superman.

15. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

We call Lily - Lipperhead (because she is very very lippy i.e. speaks her mind, does not hold back when she is mad)

We call Jack and number of things - Urlacher (because he is top heavy and looks like a linebacker), Moogin ( I have no idea why but DH started this) and Moose (because he is a big old moose compared to his tiny little petite sister).

Amy

16. SusieQ

SusieQ Well-Known Member

This is a fun one!

Henry - is Mr Henry Handsome Pants - which is often shortened to Handsome Pants, 'The HH Pants or Mr Pants.

Gabriella is Ellie, Ellie Belly, Ellie Bean (her middle name is Jean), and when she's stinky - she's Smelly Ellie.

My oldest has always been known in our family as "The Girl". It sounds impersonal when I type it, but it's really not.

The rest of my family has nicknames too including Uncles named: DohDoh, Pman and Uncle Boy; Cousins named Nani; and Grandma is called Om. Actually everyone including friends and extended family now refer to my family by these nicknames.

17. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

These are so fun!

Our girls are typically: Ellie-Bellie or Ell-a-bel and Searra-Bear.

Or collectively: Chickadees (my fav :wub:) , girlies, ladies, and my inlaws still refer to them as the burritos :) . Which is what we refered to them when the were little and still being swaddled, the baby burritos.

Oh, and if the girls are in need of changing...Smelly Ellie and Stinky Searra!

18. ****mws****

****mws**** Banned

ds -baby ant ( from a bk baby ant has stinky pants) a b beat because the two younger ones couldnt say baby ant
    dd -pixie, pix, pixalator
    ds -buster, or the little little buster -

19. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

QUOTE(SusieQ @ Jan 31 2008, 04:08 PM) [snapback]598743[/snapback]
    My oldest has always been known in our family as "The Girl". It sounds impersonal when I type it, but it's really not.

That's actually one of my husband's nicknames for me. :wub: I now answer to 'Girl'! Pretty funny! And I kwym about it not being impersonal at all!

Our Ellie's have similar nn too...and my Aunt is SusieQ! Funny!

20. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

I love nicknames!

My DS was called naked noodle when he was a baby - he's 14 and we still call him Nudes sometimes

Greta is G or Jellybean or Grety Speghetti...or just speghetti for short

Louisa is Lulu, Lou, Louie, Lou-bug, Love-bug and bug

21. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

How cute! Nothing too creative over here. But our little cousin thought that Caleb's name was K-Love so that stuck. I sometimes call Braxton the Braxtinator and Caleb the Calebmeister. We typically call them both "Daddy" throughout the day. There's no Daddy 1 or Daddy A, just Daddy. Then there's always Pumpkin and Pumpkin Pie and Boo Bear but I totally stole that from DH. That's what he calls me. Come to think of it, I have more nicknames than my boys put together. I wonder if DH even remembers my name :unsure:

22. ShelbyJ

ShelbyJ Well-Known Member

I simply refer to them as "The Bubbas"...

23. fluffhead

fluffhead Well-Known Member

DD Sara = Sare-bear
    DS Julian = J-dizzle

They are both known as "hermit crab" or "crabapple" when fussy.
    I'm sure more will come....

24. Zabeta

Zabeta Well-Known Member

When they were tiny Jack was Peanut Pants or the Peanut King (and we'd sing made-up songs to the tune of Pirate King from Pirates of Penzance). Tom was the Pterodactyl for how he sounded when he came out.

Now they're Pincher Bug ('cause Jack has a terrifying little grip) and Tom Kitten. I don't know why we call him that, he's nothing like a cat, but it stuck somehow. Maybe from Beatrice Potter, maybe because we call the cats Sascha Kitten and Wally Kitten.

Both of them can be Cutie Bug, Sleepy Bug or just plain Bug, 'cause it's fun to say.

25. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

I call DS Buddy bear

I call DD Skittle. (I dont know why..) Or little bitty. Shes so tiny compaired to her brother

26. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

My DD, RaeLynn, used to say all her "l"s like "r"s so she called herself RaeRynn! It stuck (bad mommy and daddy for reenforcing a bad habit :p ) Anyway it has transferred over to the twins' names... Alyssa/Arissa and Ashley/Ashree!! We now call them Rissa and Ree alot!! The two names we call them but will have to stop now because I dont want them to 'understand' what we are saying are... Alyssa- "chuncky one" and Ashley "grouchy one".

FYI... my dd now can say her "l"s :D .

27. Jhstobe@earthlink.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Emma has many nick names, "M", "Emma bunny", Emma bell, and Emma Bella
    Ethan just has "E", "Little E", and Big Boy

28. caba

caba Banned

QUOTE(fluffhead @ Jan 31 2008, 05:27 PM) [snapback]598895[/snapback]
    DD Sara = Sare-bear
    DS Julian = J-dizzle

They are both known as "hermit crab" or "crabapple" when fussy.
    I'm sure more will come....

hehe ... I call mine the Crab Cakes when they are being fussy ...

29. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Louie and Gus-Gus :)

Also:

Melissa: Mel, Melbert
    Jade: The Jadester

30. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

Jonas is Mr. Fussy Pantses or boogabear

Lucas is Stinker or Little man

When referring to the other they are bubba.

31. Britten

Britten Well-Known Member

Breena is Hoagie - DH started it and now I find myself calling her this. It's just because she's 4 pounds bigger then her sister! I felt bad about this nickname until I heard my sister calling her 3-year old Stinky!

Baylinn is Skeeter or Skeeter Bum - She lays on her back, plants her feet on the floor and pushes her bum in the air. I said it looks like she has a skeeter (mosquito) biting her bum!

I also randomly call them Sis, Sissy, Sister, Peanut, Punkin, Punkin Butter....Fussypants when they're cranky....there is probably more but that's all I can think of right now.

Funny but I've never shortened them to Bree or Bay!

32. andiemc

andiemc Well-Known Member

I love these!!
    We call Aidan - Baby Bear, Little Man and mostly Buddy

Annalise gets called Annalisey-girl and Peanut
    Evie (which is a nickname for E lizabeth V iolet) we call Evie Bear which we have shortened to just Bear.
    Now Bear can also be Snuggly Bear, Stinky Bear, Crabby Bear, Fussy Bear and so on!!

33. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Zabeta @ Jan 31 2008, 11:02 AM) [snapback]598945[/snapback]
    Tom Kitten. I don't know why we call him that, he's nothing like a cat, but it stuck somehow.

I was thinking "tomkat" like the name for Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes put together! LOL

34. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

OK we're totally wierd in this house, here are our nicknames:

Jack is Jack attack, Jackaroni Boloney, Jack rabbit slim, Jackster, Jackson 5 in the hizzy, jackadoodle doo

James is my little JuJu Bee, Peanut head, Buddah Belly, Jay Jay, JayJay the jet plane, Jamsey Jamsey JuJubee, pooty pooty pootz.

And believe me the list goes on and on and on, don't think less of me for being so crazy :lol: .

35. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

We have lots of nicknames around our house...

Jason- J, Grumps (he's the fussier baby), Old Man (all the hair on the top of his head fell out, but the hair around his head grew so he really does look like an old man sometimes!lol), Brother, but the one we use the most and will probably stick is Frog/Froggie because he has little frog legs and sometimes the way he lays he reminds me of a frog.

Reagan- Rea, Grunts/Grunty (she makes lots of noises in her sleep), Piggy (we'll stop that one soon!lol but the girl just loves to eat!), Princess, Pretty, Sister, and Monk- shortened from Chunky Monkey, and Prissy.

We refer to both as the Monsters and the Monkeys.