What are you thankful about?

Discussion in 'General' started by Leighann, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Since tomorrow is US thanksgiving I thought it would be nice talk about what we are thankful about. I'll go first!

1. My wonderful little family.  My girls are growing into such awesome people and my husband is the best partner in parenthood I could imagine!

2. My career.  The flexibility in my job lets me be very involved in the day-to-day activities of my girls' lives, and the work is interesting and (I think) important. 

3. My community.  We live in such a wonderful place where many families share our same values and we are lucky to have this "village" (actual and metaphorical) to help raise our children. Included in this category is our amazing sitter who has been a second mother to my girls since they were 9 months old.  They need her less now and she is laughing her own business so we may have to share her with her new clients, but she and her family have become part of her family.. and without her I wouldn't be able to pursue my career.

Next!

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Come on people! Nothing?!? Ha! I'll take a stab at it!

1.) my kids. They really are some truly amazing little people. I just wish I took the time to sit and enjoy them, instead of constantly on the go(whether in my mind or not). Sometimes I ask how did I get so lucky??

2.) my husband. We've all got our faults, but he really puts everyone first, but himself. He helps keep me grounded. He is a hard worker, and clearly unappreciated. And I'm thankful he keeps on going, even when he doesn't want to.

3.) my family. They drive us crazy-both sides-but they certainly mean well.

4.) our home. I just love it. Not a day goes by where I don't say, "I love my house!" Seriously. It's everything we ever wanted, we are in a great town, awesome school system, and it's the neighboring town of where Dh grew up(and I moved to high school)-which is a regional school district. So going to all these school functions for the kids is like a mini high school reunion. Lol. Everyone moves back!

1 person likes this.
  3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm a little late here but there is never bad time for giving thanks...so here I go:
    1. My husband-I could not ask for a better life partner.  He's a hard worker outside of the the home and inside of the home, he's a good listener and most important of all, a great Dad.
    2. My kids, both of them are growing into such cool, caring, intelligent, helpful people.  It's really cool to see.
    3. My mom, who is the strongest person I know and also my best friend
    4. The rest of my family-blood and the one's I've chosen...they inspire me every day.
    5. My friends, for just being the caring and kind people they are 

1 person likes this.
  4. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I'll join in too:

1. My DH - he is a great dad and a real partner and he is working incredibly hard so I can stay at home with the kids for now which has improved family life so much for us.

2. Our kids - they are loving, caring, open-minded and smart and a real joy and blessing.

3. My widowed dad - he has turned into an amazing grandfather and he is coping so bravely with having to face old age and a serious sickness alone, it is an inspiration.

1 person likes this.