what are these called (updated)

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by nikki_0724, Mar 16, 2009.

1. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

I "think" they are made by PARENTS

they are the large foam shapes that the little kids can crawl on. I seen them forsale this weekend at a m2m sale for 75.00 I thought that was a bit much so I wanted to look on line and get some info on them but I dont know what they are called??

Does anyone have these? Does your child use them alot.. I was thinking we could start now for tummy time maybe IDK

thanks

Updated: I found them

http://www.amazon.com/Parents-PM92032BCP-B...4347&sr=1-4

2. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Are you talking about something like this:

Foam Mats

3. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(FirstTimeMom814 @ Mar 16 2009, 01:18 PM) [snapback]1230791[/snapback]

Foam Mats

Nope:( They are actual shapes ( well they looked like shapes anyway that the babies can crawl up on. Each piece is pretty large at least 2 feet tall 2 feet wide maybe a bit smaller??

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

QUOTE(FirstTimeMom814 @ Mar 16 2009, 01:18 PM) [snapback]1230791[/snapback]

Foam Mats

That's what we have only without the letters. We got them at Sams.

5. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Looks like $75 was a good deal. Sorry you didn't get the deal! I think Lakeshore Learning also sells things like that though I'm sure they cost even more!

6. sjohnson813

sjohnson813 Well-Known Member

I have been looking for something exactly like that. I wish I could find something they could climb on similar to those cheaper. My boys LOVE to climb on everything.

7. maurahursh

maurahursh Well-Known Member

We never used them but they sure look like fun!

8. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

never tried those but those do look fun!

9. julesbabies

julesbabies Well-Known Member

Funny that you should post this because I recently ordered a bunch of stuff made by The Childrens Factory. Big foam shapes and arches, etc.. covered with vinyl. Very colorful and looked great. But, when I received them, they smelled very toxic and made me realize that I should consider the contents. They are made from polyurethane foam covered with vinyl and I am not sure what kind of paint is used on them. I know that polyurethane and vinyl are both hazards and I have read that they should be avoided in babies things. Polyurethane is highly flammable so it is probably treated with fire retardants also which is really bad as well. Like I said, I have no idea what kind of paint is used on the vinyl but my guess is not good. So, I had to pay quite a bit in shipping fees and restocking fees to return the already expensive items but I did. I know that they will come into contact with these things at some point and on an occasional basis in a play facility or otherwise is unavoidable but I decided that I did not want to expose them on a regular basis in our own home.

I have been looking for something similar but cannot find it. I am considering making something myself. Anyway, in the meantime I have found large cardboard shapes for when they get bigger that look good. A couple of companies make them including Melissa and Dougs.

Please let me know if someone else finds something non-toxic like this. I believe that every bit makes a difference to our childrens' health not to mention the health of the earth for what it takes to make these products.

10. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Those look REALLY Cool!!!