What are the best books re: raising twins?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Nvr2Late, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Nvr2Late

Nvr2Late Member

Hi,

I would love to find some books that provide practical tips on taking care of twins from birth to 1 year. I have "Juggling Twins" which was quite good, but would like to read a couple more. Recommendations??? Thanks so much!

2. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

LOLOL I'm having images of three babies being flung high into the air...

1 person likes this.
  3. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I liked "Mothering Multiples" published by La Leche League.

4. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

My favorite was Double Duty, it was so practical and just made the most sense to me.

5. jnelan

jnelan Well-Known Member

I like "Raising Twins" by Shelly Vaziri Flais- she's a mother of twins and a Pediatrician and I found her book the most no-nonsense of the ones I've looked at.

"Ready or Not, Here We Come" by Elizabeth Lyons is a fun read. It seems to have a lot of good info on gear you may need along with feeding/sleeping advice.

It will be interesting to see how I feel about their advice once the twins are actually here! (I'm 21 weeks, so have a ways to go)

6. Nvr2Late

Nvr2Late Member

Thanks everyone... I'll check those out.
    3under2 - I know, the title conjures up a funny image :) But it was a pretty good book!

7. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Some of the best resources I used in the first year were things related to sleep! Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child is a good one, as is No Cry Sleep Solution. I wish I had read both of those before I had kids so that I could have worked on sleep issues from day one (implementing healthy habits, not sleep training when they're newborns obviously).

8. inglewood2007

inglewood2007 Member

Are any of you ladies UK mum's? Wondered if any of the books u recommend are UK based? Thanks.