What a surreal moment it is, when you leave home...

Discussion in 'General' started by Amy R., Mar 17, 2008.

1. Amy R.

Amy R. Well-Known Member

Your daughter's hair is a different color!

I'm new posting here, and I'm a proud mama of three teens (15.5 year old girl and 14 year old b/g twins) and a younger son.

But, it's true, while I went out to pick up the twins from school this afternoon, drop one at his dad's and the other at a friends, and do a few errands, I left the 15yo home with a friend. And when I returned home after, maybe an hour or so, her hair was a completely different color.

She's naturally brunette, but has been dying it the past few years constantly. She's never gone drastic, shades of brown, black, and for a while it was this funky light brown/strawberry blondish color. She once did bright red streaks. It's dye she bought at a store, so it's her money, and not my fault if it comes out bad.

But she's never done anything like what I came home to. It's blonde. Platinum, bleach, blonde. Looks like she soaked her head in hydrogen peroxide, though she swears she didn't, and it was the same brand she always used. I had no idea she was doing it.

:rolleyes:

And she loves it.

This kid is going to be the death of me, I swear it.

2. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Been there .. done that ! My oldest dd has beautiful blonde hair and she dyed it BLACK ! I was heartbroken ! Lucky it was a phase and its now back to being blonde .. but, yeah, you never know what they are gonna do next !

3. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

Oh my!

A glimce into my future :eek:

4. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

Oh boy! I can imagine your shock. LOL

5. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

That always amazes me, the frequency and fairly shocking colors that teens want to dye their hair. My friend's daughter has had literally every color under the rainbow including blue and pink hair. I guess I missed that gene, thankfully, because I'm 45 and have never dyed my hair ever. Scares me to death!

Welcome to our teen forum!!

6. annikaRAWR

annikaRAWR Well-Known Member

ahaha YAY for her !
    im planning on going BRIGHT BLUE
    very soon.