We've finally moved to beds!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Utopia122, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

My girls have been in toddler beds since Christmas Day :yahoo: . I spent all day taking their cribs apart and rearranging their bedroom (their beds were part of their Christmas presents). They were thrilled to get them and have been asking for them for almost two months. I've been really nervous about the change, but they have done amazingly well. Sarah had a rough first nap and first night, but did fairly well last night. Allison did great for her first nap and night and had a little trouble last night. Neither are getting out of their beds, they just cry for us like they would do if they were in the crib, so that's a plus. Sarah acted scared and wanted me to lay down with her until she fell asleep, which I did, and then woke up in the middle of the night and cried herself to sleep because I wasn't laying beside her. But she did fine last night and went to sleep all by herself with no crying. Allison was so excited to be in her bed that she laid right down and went to sleep almost immediately. I am really surprised that they aren't getting up, but they seem to be adjusting to the new sleeping arrangements well.

Although I'm happy that they are doing great, I just can't believe they aren't in cribs anymore and it makes me sad that another chapter in their sweet little lives has come to a close!! :cry:

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! :woohoo: And hugs!! :hug: I imagine I will feel the same way when the time comes.

3. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Rachel, YAY for big girl beds! You did it! I remember that crazy transition with John. He would sleep on the floor and tell me he was scared and stuff like that. :hug: Sounds like they are doing ok though. It is sad when the cribs go away. :hug:

4. mich17

mich17 Well-Known Member

Congrats! Glad they are doing well for you.