We're done at 24.5m!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by 2xjoy, May 12, 2012.

1. 2xjoy

2xjoy Well-Known Member

Ok, so I haven't been on this forum in ages and I made a quick post and saw my bf ticker and thought, "I'll have to change that!"

Twin 1 finally weaned about 2 weeks ago at around 24 1/2 months!Twin 2 had self weaned at about 20 months.

I havent yet decided whether I'm happy or sad about it as sometimes I still miss it. It was such a big part of our lives for so long.

One of the first things that went through my mind when I got told there were 2 in there, was breastfeeding! I was upset at the thought that it might not be possible. There seemed to be this assumption that because we were having twins that I would use bottles. But I'm a determined person and went on to exclusively bf for 6 months then continue right through till just a couple of weeks ago. In some ways it was easier than bf a singleton as I didn't have time to become too engorged but the logistics were difficult. I ended up tandem for the first few months then 1 at a time, 1 straight after the other. It was what worked besst for us.

I could go on and on, but I just wanted to say that although it can be sooooo difficult and thankless, it's worth it.

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats on 2 years! Well done. :good: I think weaning is a bittersweet time & it's very normal to be happy and sad about it.

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Awww, way to go!

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:woman: WTG!! I guess when I was pregnant with twins it never occured to me that I would not be successful at breastfeeding! You did great! I agree on the bittersweet feelings! :) Congratulations!

5. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

Congratulations. It's a great accomplishment and you have every reason to be proud.