Went to L&D last night.....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by stephi5882, May 28, 2009.

1. stephi5882

stephi5882 Member

So I've been on modified bedrest since 29 weeks and I'm currently 32.3 weeks. When I got up yesterday I felt just kind of achy all over and my legs where crampy, but more continous than contraction like. I just thought it was the "normal" pains of twin pregnancy cause I hadn't sleept very good the night before.

Well thankfully I was already scheduled to have an OB appointment yesterday.
    Last week my cervix was 4cm long, soft and only a fingertip dilated and yesterday I was "2cm, getting shorter and 60%." :eek:
    So I got my first shot of steroids and my first NST. When they hooked me up to the NST both girls were doing great but I was having contractions every 5 MINUTES!!!! :blink: That was what all those leg cramps were.

So off the L&D we go. They gave me some terbutaline (NOT FUN) and procardia and after about 3hrs contractions had stop and my cervix hadn't change any more. :banana:

Got discharged with having to take procardia every 8hrs, back to office today for my second steriod shot, back to office tomorrow for a FFN test (had one 2 weeks ago and was negative) and then back every Mon and Thurs for NSTs.

So if any of you girls are just feeling a little "off" or "different"..... CALL YOUR DOCTOR!!!! The worst that will happen (well I guess best that will happen) is nothing.

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(stephi @ May 28 2009, 07:47 AM) [snapback]1330927[/snapback]
    So if any of you girls are just feeling a little "off" or "different"..... CALL YOUR DOCTOR!!!! The worst that will happen (well I guess best that will happen) is nothing.

That is a good reminder for all our expecting members. Always go with your gut instinct!!

Glad you got checked out. :hug: I'm also happy you are getting the steroid shots. :good:

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(stephi @ May 28 2009, 07:47 AM) [snapback]1330927[/snapback]

:good: Exactly. :hug: :hug: I'm so glad you went in and that you are home now. :hug: Please take it easy. Good luck at your appointment today.

4. dutree123

dutree123 Well-Known Member

Happy that things were figured out and that you listened to your body!

5. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

Glad you got everything under control! WOW! I know I went in yesterday for those dang cramps that won't go away, I felt stupid but it's better to check on them isn't it? I'm glad that you are feeling much better now! Good luck mama and rest rest rest!!!

6. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

QUOTE(stephi @ May 28 2009, 04:47 AM) [snapback]1330927[/snapback]

I could not agree more!! Thank you for the reminder!!

I am so glad that you went in and got checked out! Yes, terb is no fun at all! I am so happy to hear that you go the steroid shots as well!! I hope the contractions calm down for you! Keep up the good work Momma!!

7. jvanmourik

jvanmourik Well-Known Member

Glad you went in stephi, keep those babies cookin a lil longer! Hope things calm down and u keep your feet up. :hug: