Went grocery shopping by myself with my twins

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by murphytwins2, Sep 4, 2009.

1. murphytwins2

murphytwins2 Member

I just wanted to share....after much anxiety, I attempted grocery shopping with my twins. I waitied until after their morning nap and their mid-morning feeding. I put my DD in the carrier on the cart and my DS in the bjorn. It took my awhile to complete my list. The employees at Publix were also very helpful. Thye helped me unload my cart, and walked me to the car to load. I just wish they would have followed me home to unload. lol :laughing: Shopping has been a huge challenge for me (considering it is a passion of mine). The kids are not sitting up yet, the fridge was bare, and I was going stir crazy in the house this week. NOw I need a nap!

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: for a successful trip! It will get easier every time you go. :hug:

3. KKing

KKing Well-Known Member

Thats GREAT!!!!

My LO's love their trips to the store and so do I!! Once they can sit up you can put them in the car carts, mine think they are so cool in them!!

4. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

:yahoo: That's awesome!! It really does get easier the more you do it. I vowed to do it every day for a week and by the end of the week it wasn't hard after that...well, as long as the boys were well rested! :laughing:

5. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

That's great! Wooohoo!! :bow2: I'm still working up my courage to take them out alone; as it is, we've been out with dh only a handful of times. Around the neighborhood is one thing; out in public's a whole 'nother story. :unsure:

6. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

WOOT! Great job Momma!!

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: Way to go Momma!

8. heather.anne.henderson

heather.anne.henderson Well-Known Member

I love to take mine out, but breastfeeding can be an issue if its too long. i like going to the mall, and Dillards has a nice changing area and a nice area in there restrooms for me to feed them.

9. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

yay! congrats! i'm so jealous, i'm still too anxious to do this.