Well-made princess dress-up clothes

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Snittens, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

The girls have a bunch of Disney Princess dress-up clothes, the ones you get from Wal-Mart or Target. Well, they've only had them for a little over 6 months (most they got for their birthday) and they are all trashed. The seams are ripped, pieces are torn. They really like to dress up and love the princesses, so I want to get them some good quality dresses. Not just generic princess though, they really like to wear the same dresses as their favorite princesses. Where can I get something a little sturdier that will stand up to being worn every day?

2. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

TRU has some that seem a little sturdier! Although I wouldn't know what they are REALLY like as I have dress up-aphobes.

3. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

The ones at the Disney Store have held the best for us. But they are also the more expensive ones.

4. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(NicoleT @ Mar 4 2009, 05:08 PM) [snapback]1214654[/snapback]
    The ones at the Disney Store have held the best for us. But they are also the more expensive ones.

I was going to suggest the same thing. If you have a Disney Store outlet near you it may be worth checking it out.

5. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

The ones online are pretty expensive, like $50. I don't know if there is an outlet around here or not.

6. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Kelly, there's also Disney Outlet online. They have costumes from $14.99 up to $39. Here's a link.

7. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

Have you tried ebay or craigslist?

8. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

I agree- the Disney Store ones are the best...ours have taken over 1 year of abuse and were passed down from cousins!

Princess Halloween generics are all ripped and falling apart.

I would second the outlet and/or ebay/craigslist. Even Mom2Moms sales.

9. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Definitely the Disney store. They have sales all the time. You just have to check there regularly. We bought Hannah a couple princess dresses from there when they were 75% off. You can't beat that! (Check online too, including the outlet, like others mentioned!)