Well it happened

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Moodyzblu, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

We just got the call that there will be no school tomorrow because of this freak snow storm we got ! I can't believe we are sitting here with over a foot of snow outside and we didn't even have Halloween yet. There is talk that the town may post-pone trick or treating until later this week. I have tons of candy to give out .. I hope they figure out something.

Not to mention I totally lucked out with NOT losing my power everyone around me (including my next door neighbors) are without power. I sort of feel guilty sitting here in my nice warm house eating a home cooked meal when all my neighbors are sitting in the cold and dark eating take out. They are saying it could be a few days before they get power back on. :(

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

So.Bummed. Our town only got a few inches but OMG, there are trees/huge branches down everywhere!! This is our THIRD school day cancellation this year (we had 2 for Irene). Sheesh! What is the winter going to bring?!?! :unsure:

My girls were supposed to have their Halloween parade and party at school tomorrow and I am room mom so I was going to get to stay. I am super duper bummed about missing it.

I'm sooooooooo over this severe weather, aren't you?

I'm glad you have power back. :hug:

3. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

OMG the weather has been such a PIA lately. I mean a few weeks ago we were at 90 degrees and now we are under a pile of snow. Not to mention tornado's and hurricanes. WTH ??

4. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Yeah, the weather is nuts lately. Sorry you didn't have school, but I am glad you have your power. We lost it for 9 hours on Saturday, but got it back just in time to sleep in a warm house. It was starting to get pretty cold when I heard everything click back on.