Well I knew it would happen sooner ot later

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by momoftwoangels, Apr 20, 2007.

1. momoftwoangels

momoftwoangels Well-Known Member

The girls started riding their bikes about a week ago with training wheels, boy were they happy, well last night they were saying good bye to their friends and when Meghan turned her head around to say goodbye she lost control of her bike and fell to the pavement. I was in the garage putting things away and I hear " Tammy, Tammy, and I thought Mackenzie was laughing because sometimes you can't tell if she is laughing or crying and I see my neighbor running with Meghan and she is covered in blood, she was freaking, she was so scared because Becky (my neighbor) said she hit the pavement and it busted her nose , of course Mackenzie was crying " what's going to happen to my sister" they freak when someone is bleeding , even if it is a drop ;) but she did a number on her face, thankfully no missing teeth just a very bad pavement burn on her forehead and her nose is a little scratched , oh man, after she went to sleep I just cried and I kept going in every hour to make sure she was ok, but I will tell you it tore me up, I don't know if I can handle that again :laughing: and the kicker is we are having a portfolio photo shoot next Saturday and it cannot be reshedule :(

2. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

Oh, poor Meghan. I'm glad it wasn't worse than the scratches. Do you think she'll be willing to try her bike again? :unsure: .

That figures about the photo shoot! I can't tell you how many stories I've heard, including my own dd cutting her bangs off the day before school pictures :eek: , where someone's child gets stitches on the face, cuts hair, has pink eye or something when picture day is coming!

3. heathernd

heathernd Well-Known Member

I am SO glad to hear it was not more serious. Poor thing. As for the pictures, LITERALLY in every professional picture of me from around 15 months - 6 years old I have some type of injury on my face - usually my nose had a scab on it. I hope her face heals quickly and the pictures turn out beautifully.

4. niftywriter

niftywriter Well-Known Member

OH poor little Meghan and poor you! :hug99:

With a little luck and that amazing childhood skin, Meghan's scratches may barely be visible by next Saturday!

5. momoftwoangels

momoftwoangels Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone, to be honest it was not as bad as I thought it would be, it looked worse that night , of course, but I have been using neosporin and that has helped a alot

6. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! :( That can be SO scary. I'm glad it wasn't as bad as you thought.