Welcome Abigail & Elizabeth

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mommyofmany, Oct 15, 2009.

1. mommyofmany

mommyofmany Well-Known Member

Wow! I'm a bit behind on who else has delivered lately, but I wanted to try and share our birth story while i have a BIT of time--hoping it doesn't have to be left "to be continued".....and then i guess i'll be frequenting the first year and breastfeeding more...just interesting fact--THIS is my 100th post!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, October 8th I was 39 weeks. I woke up and started having contractions along with the alarm [when my dh hit snooze] every 8-10 minutes. I was hesitant about timing them and getting disappointed, but I got up, took a shower and they were continuing, fairly intense at times, which sent me to the couch to lie down to see what happened....the braxton hicks had d one this before, so i tried not to get my hopes up, but knowing my dh would not hear me yelling [or that i might wake other kids], i used my timing device [cell phone] and called his cell phone to tell him i was downstairs and needed him. LOL~funny memory!!
    I updated him and we decided who to call first and how to arrange the older kids--a friend came to watch them and my SIL would come get them and bring them to the hospital when we called [30 min. drive].
    We explained that we were pretty sure the babies would come today to the kids and headed off to the hospital [my OB was on duty, but off the rest of the weekend and we were scheduled to go in Monday morning 12th at 7am to break my water and have a natural induction], making phone calls all the way--includng my OB's office. And with the contractions 5-7 min apart, I rejected teh previous idea of stopping thru somewhere to get breakfast--a major disappointment to my dh [and myself later], but what i felt necessary since my 3rd child came an hour after arriving at the hospital....
    (OK--time to speed up the story cause it is naptime.....)
    I was able to labor with the monitors on up in bed on all fours after they broke water "A" until it was time to check me again. I was hitting transition as they wheeled me to the OR--a lot is blurry from here on out :)
    The OR was a lot of brighter lights and they helped scoot me over to the new bed and were busy putting stirrups on the bed, etc. [apparently there aren't a lot of vaginal deliveries in there!!!] and finally let me dh and other SIL in the room [the nurse helped me before then], all clothed in scrubs and ready to support me. When they told me I could push on the next contraction, I was SOO ready. Abigail Marie came out at 1:08pm in one contraction, 3 pushes with an expletive, a shout and grunt. Ohhh, I laid back with relief as I numbly remember her screaming and seeing a white vernix covered baby taken over to the warmer and hearing that all was well. I told my dh I would try not to use the same words this next time and I remember saying they are gonna have to tell me what to do next cause I haven't done this part before. My OB seemed to be continually checking me and stretching my sore cervix and I worried about tearing but didn't ask questions. DH told me later that they also did a quick ultrasound to be sure baby B descended vertex. She did and they were soon telling me it was OK to push--I said "next time", knowing that contraction was over. Next time came quickly and I pushed with all my might twice, feeling the burn of her head as I laid back and determined she would get pushed out THIS next time. Indeed she did, Elizabeth Grace emerged at 1:24pm with 2 more pushes and a lot of yelling/grunting. They cut her cord and soon laid her in a towel up on my chest where I was able to see her try to suck her thumb. All was well with her also.
    Delivery of the placentas was next. It was fairly simple and I was curious to take a peek [after reading on here about so many different possibilities]. Looked like a piece of meat and the 2 cords were on opposite sides--definitely 2 fused placentas.

TO BE CONTINUED.......

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: Congratulations!! Welcome Elizabeth and Abigail to the world. :wub: :wub:

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: Congratulations! Those are beautiful names! Glad everyone is doing well! :woo:

4. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! :woo:

5. genagoodrow

genagoodrow Well-Known Member

Well done momma! Welcome little ladies! :babyflips: :babyflips:

6. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congratulations

8. kmay

kmay Well-Known Member

This is wonderful!! So glad all is well!

9. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! The 1st few weeks seem to fly by!! Take it all in while you can

10. Daffodils

Daffodils Well-Known Member

Congrats!! Sounds like a wonderful experience!

11. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

Awesome, good for you!!! Congrats.

12. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats!!!!

13. Bloom86

Bloom86 Well-Known Member

:birthday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :birthday: TO YOUR DAUGHTERS.

I love the names, so feminine and pretty. Congrats to you and DH on the birth of your newest additions! Hope everyone is recovering well and home soon.

14. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

Congratulations :) :woo:

15. brieh

brieh Well-Known Member

Good job Mom !!!! :banana: Congrats on your girls!!!!

16. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

COngratulations what a great birth story! :friends: :Clap: