We survived Adventure Island!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by KKing, Jul 7, 2009.

1. KKing

KKing Well-Known Member

Well..... We survived Adventure Island!!!! The day went great! The babies slept on the way there and my dd slept in the BOB in the afternoon. My DS did not but he is usually ok without much sleep. He was definitly tired by the end of the day though!! I can say it was ALOT of work and thank goodness my mom was there to give me another set of hands (DH is out of town).You sure need someone who is there just for you and one twin. My brother and his wife went too, however they have 3 kids of their own. I would not have attempted this trip with just them. My Lo's had a great time and LOVE the water.
    The BOB was a real lifesaver. That is a great jogger!! The one downfall, it is not well ventilated. It is hot here in Florida, but the sides are canvas not mesh, so not alot of air gets through it. My poor LO's were sweating in it. I can say though I drove home (45 min) in a rain storm with it in the back of my truck (no top) and it was not even wet! I guess the material is water proof.

Anyways, heres some pics!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30174798&l=534aa605cc&id=1550190164
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30174799&l=cfb46ad0c6&id=1550190164
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30174802&l=e4e36fd419&id=1550190164

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm so glad you had a good day! Those are some cutie pies you have there!

3. KKing

KKing Well-Known Member

One more thing...

I did some looking around and reading about sunscreen. I bought Blue Lizzard Sensitive ( from CVS) and it worked GREAT!! My LO's are very fair skinned and neither on got a bit of sun. It only has two ingediaents in it and both sit on top of the skin instead of having to be absorbed into the skin to work as most have to. So just a suggestion for those who may be looking for a good sunscreen.

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

Cute pictures! Glad you had a good time!!

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So cute!! And I have that same bathing suit for Rylee! :wub:

6. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

how cute!! it looks like y'all had a great time! and thanks for the sunscreen tip, i'm not loving the aveeno that i have..

7. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Glad you had a great time. Cool Pics!

8. ambernruby

ambernruby Well-Known Member

Well done you! I'm glad you all had fun your babies are so cute!!!

9. newjersey_mom

newjersey_mom Well-Known Member

Great pics...looks like you had a fun day! Glad to hear the amusement park thing can be done. In October we will be down in FL visiting my parents and we will take our girls to Busch Gardens for a day. We are going because my sister works in their zoology department and she got them Jr. Zookeeper outfits at my baby shower. She can't wait to have them visit! My girls will be about 8 months old when we go so I'm happy to hear it can be done!

10. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

:Clap: So happy to hear it went well! The kids are adorable and you look great! Remind me not to go to the beach with you! ;) Was there enough stuff to do for the little ones? I'm not sure we'll be able to go this summer, but maybe in the Spring (or if it's still warm in October when DH comes home).