We have triple ear infections and DD has pneumonia

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by DATJMom, Apr 23, 2008.

1. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Both of the boys have double ear infections and a nasty cough (AGAIN!!) and my DD has a double ear infection and one-sided pneumonia and had to get a shot of antibiotics this morning. Poor things I fell so bad for them all. I wish this would end soon. We are on our 2nd set of tubes with DD (one fell out) and we have a recheck with the ENT on Friday and both of the boys have had 3 ear infections in 2 months. So they need ENT appts too!! I am spending our "stimulus money" on co-pays and we dont even have the check in hand! Thanks for letting me vent!

2. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

bless your hearts!!!!!!!!! I hope they feel better very soon!!! :hug99:

3. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

Rachel,
    I am soooooo sorry! :hug99: to you and your babes!!

4. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Oh man, I'm sorry they are all so sick. :hug99: Vent anytime, that's alot to handle. :hug99: I hope they are all feeling better soon.

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

Oh Rachel! I'm so sorry, I hope they feel better soon! :hug99:

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh no. :eek: Hope everyone feels better soon. :hug99:

7. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Oh no! I hope they feel better soon! Tubes are no fun and neither are shots! Hang in there, Rachel!

8. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

:hug99: I hope everyone feels better soon.

9. lhoran

lhoran Well-Known Member

This has been the worst cold and flu season!!!! I hope they feel better soon!!

Lisa

10. 3n1n2n2

3n1n2n2 Well-Known Member

OMG-- :eek:triple double ear infections! I feel your pain. Once we had triple-single/double-double (3 had it in one ear and two had it in both) I wanted to overdose on augmenton and children's tylenol! Hang in there and take care of those kiddos and yourself!

11. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sounds a lot like my family. I swear the ENT is part of our family. Jack had 1 set of tubes then his tonsils and adenoids out, Mitchell has had 2 sets of tubes and 5 other surgeries by the ENT and McKenna is on her 3rd set of tubes. When it rains it pours. Mine said it must be something in the genetics of the way the ears are formed or that the eustachian tubes are just so small ( I also had tubes put in when I was 24 years old). Hope everyone is better soon!

12. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(4jsinPA @ Apr 24 2008, 02:22 AM) [snapback]736426[/snapback]
    I swear the ENT is part of our family.

:laughing: Thats a good one. Maybe when I see him tomorrow I will ask him over to dinner. I am sure we have a lot in common!--soon to be all 3 of my children.

13. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

Rachel, I'm so sorry. It's so hard when they are sick. 3 infections in two months??? Yikes. I'm so sorry. For the boys, for you, for the money situation. It's just not fair. (smiley crossing his arms and making a face that says Hmmmph, inserted here). I hope they get better soon and can stay healthy. Trust me, I know the feeling of them being sick again and again and again. My girls were literally sick from October until about 3 weeks ago. I'm not kidding when I tell you that in about 6 months time, the girls only left the house about 12 times. They were always always sick. Even now, after 3 whole weeks of health, my one dd was just diagnosed today with an ear infection and her asthma is acting up which means I have to nebulize her 2-3 times a day for the next two weeks. Aaaarrggh when does it end??? Hang in there. Poor babies!!!

14. MARYLANE

MARYLANE Well-Known Member

I hear you! This winter was my daughter's first attending daycare and she came up with a bronchiolitis due to a RSV infection, successive colds (every other week), asthma symptoms, and when the boys were 2 weeks old she got pneumonia! On top of worrying for her, we were so scared that she might pass it to her brothers -she was all over them!
    I hope your boys feel better soon!