We had to give the himmlech to both girls last night! UPDATE

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by TwinxesMom, Mar 20, 2007.

1. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I don't know if their throats are sore and they are choking easier or what but both girls choked last night and couldn't get it cleared themselves. Talk about scary. Jazzy choked on a chip which she eats all the time and Jessy choked on an olive(a sliced one not whole). They choked within 5 minutes of each other so the time we got one baby calmed down and eatting again the other was choking!

UPDATE: We took the girls to the dr today and they both have a virus causing them to have sore troats. I had to take a CPR class before they would let us take the girls home from the NICU(thank god it was free). We have been really careful today with size of foods but still what Jessy choked on was just a small piece of olive.

2. kerrmommy

kerrmommy Well-Known Member

OH NO!!! Scary, so glad that you were able to think fast and get them ok.

3. valentinetwins

valentinetwins Well-Known Member

OMG that is so scary!! I had to do that to my daughter once and I was shaking for about an hour afterwards. So glad they are O.K. [​IMG]

4. lilymadisonmom

lilymadisonmom Well-Known Member

That is so scary. It has happened to us a few times. My girls seem to choke alot, even when drinking from a bottle or cup.

5. lrothrock1

lrothrock1 Well-Known Member

How scary, and both in one night! I'm glad you were able to think quick, and that they are okay. We've had a few scares but it's been awhile.

6. anicosia

anicosia Well-Known Member

Annika was a stuffer when it came to eating for the longest time. She still does on occasion. I hated having to do that to her. It's one of the scariest things to have to do to your child. I would spend the rest of the night looking at her to make sure she was still breathing. Thank goodness you were able to get to them. [​IMG]

7. boogerkw

boogerkw Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even know what to do if they started choking, I think I would be in shock. I give you tons of credit for staying calm during the situation.

8. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

OMG that must haven so scary! Kudos to you for knowing what do to! I am glad they are ok!

All parents should take a CPR/choking class! You would expect anyone who watches your kids to know what to do right? [​IMG]

9. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

How scary! I'm glad they are both ok.

10. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

[​IMG] how scary! Glad everyone is okay!

11. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That is scary. I'm glad they are okay.

12. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

OMG! Choking is my worst fear-- it freaks me out. Glad they (and you) are doing OK. [​IMG]

13. twopinkpeanuts

twopinkpeanuts Well-Known Member

My ABSOLUTE WORST FEAR.

Just thinking about it makes me get all freaked.

I have GOT to take a CPR class. I know the basics, but I want it to be drilled into my head if ever I need to do it.

I'm so happy to hear that everyone's well.

14. fourznuff

fourznuff Well-Known Member

quote:
    All parents should take a CPR/choking class!

I second this!

I'm glad yours girls are ok. Great job on keeping a cool head and doing what needs to be done [​IMG]

-Kimberly

15. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

quote:
    All parents should take a CPR/choking class!

I agree!!! Having done cpr on Mitchell twice...I can't stress that one enough. How scary that a sore throat can cause that much swelling to make them choke...hope it passes quickly!! Did they give steroids or anything to make the swelling go away?

16. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

He didn't give them any meds but he did say we could use a bit of kids cholaseptic if it seemed to be hurting them alot. They haven't choked again since then.