We Can Do It! Week 1 Weigh-In

Discussion in 'General' started by AimeeThomp, Feb 28, 2011.

1. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Please use this thread to post your loss between March 1 and March 7. This is the thread we will use to determine this week's biggest loser. Also, please be sure to check the sticky at the top of the forum with your starting weight. The weight listed on the sticky is what we will be using to determine the overall winner at the end of the contest.

Also, we'd like to note that our contests are intended to encourage people to develop and maintain healthy eating habits and a healthy BMI and that we in no way are trying to promote excessive weight loss. These contests are about healthy eating, getting active and having fun!

Good Luck this week everyone! :youcandoit:

(The thread with the starting weights will be up some time today.)

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

:woo: Good luck everyone!! :woo:

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: Good luck ladies!!! :Clap:

4. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

/ahem Aimee?

I don't see a sticky.

And I certainly hope Liz sticks around for cheerleading!!

5. AimeeThomp

It's coming! :girl_devil:

:laughing:

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Best of luck ladies! WE CAN DO IT!

ETA: I weighed in today 3/2) at 157...down 2 lbs! I was afraid that I'd officially have to call a gain after being so bloated the past week and unable to exercise (i.e run) like I normally do thanks to my foot. I still won't be able to exercise like I want to until I get my orthotics so I hope the weight loss keeps up for the next month or so.

1 person likes this.
  7. AimeeThomp

No one who transferred from the old game wants to post their loss this week?

Well I will!

I lost 1.8 this week, which puts me at 188 even.

1 person likes this.
  8. kingeomer

:Clap: Aimee!!!

9. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

WTG!!!!!!!!!

My weigh in is tomorrow morning:)

10. MichelleL

Good job Nancy!! :clapping:

I don't weigh in until Friday. :good:

:yahoo: Sooooo, what did you do differently that worked?

11. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I rescheduled my BMI and "general fitness" thing with a different trainer for tomorrow afternoon (I'm even playing hooky at work to go!) so I hope to have my weight and BMI tomorrow night. I hope to see the biggest change in my BMI. I'm ready for a change.

12. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

I got weighed at the doctor today and was 192, but I want to weigh myself at the gym on Friday since that's where I'll be most often.

1 person likes this.
  13. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Down 1.6 ..... :woo:

1 person likes this.
  14. becasquared

Up 3 even. :headbang: Again with the water retention shizzle.

1 person likes this.
  15. nikki_0724

Down 3:)

1 person likes this.
  16. AimeeThomp

I've had to cut out 5 nursing points daily which is 35 each week. 14 extra points a day for nursing is too many for me.

Awesome job Nancy, Diane, Nikki! :woohoo:

17. kingeomer

:Clap: Tarin!
    :Clap: Diane!
    :Clap: Nikki!

Bex, I wish I could invent something that could banish bloat forever :hug:

18. becasquared

I think I took Nikki's three pounds. :)

I am figuring out what I can and cannot eat by trial and error I suppose. Hotdogs are a no.

19. nikki_0724

Im not sure how im losing bc in my opinion Im still off the wagon eating garbage. Last night i had pizza, breadsticks and a salad. The day before I had mcdonalds. Im not working out and im only eating once a day. All things that should be making me gain. I need to stop the madness I have going on or its going to blw up in my face. I was doing so so well on my diet but the second I got sick I just stopped. Im better now but I still cant work out and I have NO interest in eating healthy. I dropped a few sizes with the weight I lost and had to go out and buy new clothes. I DO NOT want the new clothes to be to small but If I keep this up they will be. I need a good swift kick in the @ss to get moving again!!!

20. LeeandJenn15

LeeandJenn15 Well-Known Member

Down 2.6. Yay! Hoping to keep up this good pace!

21. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

Up 2lbs <_< but no big shock there, I was really off last week. This week has been better but we leave for Disneyland Monday so I know it will be another bad week then.

22. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

i weight myself every morning :spy: but i'll make my official weigh in saturday mornings

23. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Nikki! *KICK**** There's your kick! Right in the @$$! ;)

Good work Tarin!! Nikki!!!

Brigette- OY! I'm scared of when we go to So. Cal. in a few weeks!! :faint:

24. nikki_0724

THANK YOU!!!!!!! Hopefully it works... Im sitting here now trying to figure out garbage Fast food I want to eat tonight. lol I gotta stop!

25. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I most definitely am!! :woohoo:

Nancy, Nice job on the 2lbs!! :clapping:

Aimee, :Clap: Well done woman!!!

Diane, are you back to working out? :yahoo: Great job!!

:gah: Sorry woman... but you know it's water. SO keep up the great work!!

:woohoo: Nikki!!

Jennifer, :bow2: WTG woman!!!

:hug:'s to anyone who needs it... it's only one week and next week you'll lose more. Just send it on over this way... I seem to be packing it on anyways. :rolleyes:

26. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Still the same. I need to quit making excuses and like Nike....JUST DO IT.....already!! :laughing:

27. MichelleL

I'm so glad you figured it out!! :good:

1 person likes this.
  28. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Okay, official weight was 115 (I love that scale and I'm probably going to steal it from the gym and bring it home...). My BMI was 21.3. I'm a shorty (5'2") and, given my athletic youth, I was told to work toward 16ish. So, that is my goal. I did two classes tonight (and oh my god, it SUCKED) and I'm sore and tired. I *may* go Saturday or I may be lying to myself. I'll probably go Monday.

29. MichelleL

No weigh in for me. :blush: I used a no weigh in pass because I just have had a really REALLY bad week. :fool:

30. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

16?? Are you sure? I thought anything under 20 was considered underweight and under around 18 was considered unhealthy. What weight would that be? Please be healthy. It makes me sad to see beautiful, healthy women striving for something unhealthy. I feel like I'm always being preachy instead of supportive and I don't want to be, but you are NOT overweight. I get wanting to tone and be healthier/more athletic, but don't hurt yourself please.

1 person likes this.
  31. rrodman

I'm up 3. I'm losing my motivation and had a bad week, plus it's PMS time again. I need to work on getting my motivation back.

32. MichelleL

Your posts have been standing out to me because it seems we have been in the same pattern since the beginning. You lose a bunch, I lose a good number, you have a bad week and I do too...maybe sounds kinda freaky but it makes me feel like I'm not alone. :pardon: :good:

33. rrodman

Thank you for saying that. Maybe I can feel less alone too! I tend to have a good week then a not so good week. They were working out to good overall until the last couple. Just have to get my head in the game. You are doing great so I hope we are linked!

34. MichelleL

You are definitely NOT alone!!! That is EXACTLY how it's been for me. I have felt totally off my game for 2 weeks with this past week being horrendous. I'm DONE. I am so ticked off that I let myself slip and I'm soooo ready to get back on the wagon.

Hop back on it with me!! :friends:

ETA: In the midst of all the wonderful losses, I think this sort of stuff needs to be brought up also. I'm sure we're not the only ones that feel that way, and more that will feel that way from time to time. Keeps things in check for all of us. :good:

1 person likes this.
  35. rrodman

Thanks Michelle. You are really helping me feel better. It would be so easy to slink away in defeat right now, but that's what I always do. And I don't want to do that anymore. I've been doing well, and a couple bad weeks doesn't negate what I've done. I can still do this.