We are all so lucky!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by TwinsInOkinawa, Jun 17, 2008.

1. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

I just have to say that we are all so lucky - we have two babies to love, cherish, and enjoy. I know it is hard and frustrating and there are lots of days where I want to just throw up my hands and say 'forget it', but really, when it comes down to it, this is the most amazing thing to have happen.

I was just thinking that this morning at breakfast as the girls passed Cheerios between each other, laughing and giggling. Course, now as I'm trying to figure out the whole nap transition, I'm back to the frustrating part, but it all comes and goes.

Just wanted to give some encouragement or smiles to everyone today.

2. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

:hug99: What a nice thought to start my day! You are very right too!

3. girlsxtwo

girlsxtwo Well-Known Member

You are so right!! There are days when I stay so frustrated because they have tested my patience (and sanity) :wacko: , but then I have to stop and realize what really matters and how blessed I really am. Thanks for reminding me of that this morning!!

4. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

You are absolutely right! Thanks for such a sweet post!

5. lah17

lah17 Well-Known Member

It is so true--2 babies at one time--what a miracle. I am still amazed 10months later!

Thanks,

Lisa

6. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

Definitely a great post and we are all lucky!

7. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

I was just thinking something similar this morning... what a great life this is turning out to be. And who would have known 10 months ago during all of the reflux and sleepless nights that I would actually enjoy having twins so much?!

8. veggiehead

veggiehead Well-Known Member

Erica!

WOW - did I need this today! Thank you so much. Mine have not been sleeping at all and I have been so tired. But, they are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Thanks for pinching me!

9. becky5

becky5 Guest

Great post! You are so right!

10. Vero

Vero Well-Known Member

You are ABSOLUTELY correct! Thank you for the great post. :D

11. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

What a wonderful, important reminder! I needed this after Jonathan woke up screaming at 5:40 a.m. and would not stop!!! We are all truly blessed to have our children, even if they make us crazy every once in a while! :lol:

12. Soon2Bmotherof3

Soon2Bmotherof3 Well-Known Member

I could not agree with you more! Glad to hear someone say it out loud and remind us all how lucky we are.

13. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:cray: So true Erica, so true. :cray:

Thank you for this wonderful post. :hug99: Sometimes the frustration of it all makes us forget just how lucky we are.

14. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

Totaly Agree :D

15. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I totally agree :good:

16. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

So true! The moments when it really hits me just how amazing it is to have twins have been more frequent around here lately. We are so very lucky!!

17. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

You are absolutely right on. We are lucky! :wub: when they play and use manners with each other, my heart explodes and when they fake laugh just to get things going I want to :rotflmbo:

18. shoudeshell

shoudeshell Well-Known Member

:good: Thanks for the reminder when I'm super tired...I agree!

19. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

You are so very right. :wub: I too love having twin girls. It's trying, but isn't parenthood anyway? This is truly the best "job" ever.

Thanks for posting this, you certainly made me smile! :friends:

20. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

So true! Right now I'm listening to the girls play and laugh and it just melts my heart!