we all have colds

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by newtothis, Apr 11, 2012.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

so nervous....
    i realllllly hope my baby doesn't get our colds. I'm hand washing like crazy but she's sneezing so i'm so nervous/paranoid!

2. Amycplus

Amycplus Well-Known Member

I was sick with a bad cold a couple of weeks ago and felt similarly worried. The boys got just a hint of it. We used a humidifier every night and they were over it faster than I was. Hopefully your baby won't get it @ all but if he does, I hope it's very mild. :)

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We're all sick too, but here it's the baby's fault. He was the first one with a runny nose so at least I don't have to worry about him. ;) I hope your babe doesn't get it & that you're all feeling better soon.

4. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

Both our babies have it - it's just like going back to the newborn days! It's been awful, we're doing saline drops, vapouriser, and paracetamol for when they're really unsettled. I hope they get over it soon. I desperately need some sleep!

5. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I recently learned something fun - if you have breastmilk available, you can use it in place of saline drops for their nose. I did it with Emmett & it helped a ton - especially if done a few minutes before feeding.

6. mamita

mamita Well-Known Member

Our four year old was sick and I was sooooo worried the babies would catch it.....and they did. First our girl, then a week later our boy. He is still struggling with all the congestion and coughing somewhat. I hate hearing them cough when they are so little. I tried everything to prevent it, but sometimes it's just unavoidable when one sibling gets sick.