Waterproof Mattress Pad Suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by marcymiller, Jun 14, 2012.

1. marcymiller

marcymiller Well-Known Member

I am curious if any of you have found waterproof mattress pads that you love? I have none for their twin beds... BAD IDEA:) I need to remedy this asap. But, I'm conflicted because: the only one's I see in the stores here are vinyl (or some kind of plastic) and it's very very HOT here. It makes for an uncomfortable night's sleep!! Plus they are pretty expensive. I don't mind spending some money on them if they are actually worth it!

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

For my son, we purchased something similar to this waterproof bed pad. I laid it on top of his sheet, covered with a chux pad and a towel. You might be able to get away with a chux pad, with my son, the only thing I would wash is the towel & his clothes and usually have to dispose of the chux pad.

3. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I purchased two full sized Linens and Things Waterproof Mattress Pads and I can't say enough how very impressed I am with them. Fits well, no vinyl lining, and they are very soft and padded. It feels very comfortable on the bed... you can't really even tell it is a waterproof cover. We have not had any pee accidents, but my one son did barf up a good amount of chocolate milk and it protected the mattress and cleaned easily out of the pad. If I already didn't have a mattress cover for my bed, I would have no problem putting one on my own bed. Highly recommended. Twin is on sale now for $32 bucks.

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I hated the one I got from JCP. I did NOT care for the ones I got from Walmart. I simply adore the ones I got from Target!! No plasticy feel at all!

5. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We just used vinyl tablecloths. :D Cheap!

ETA: We put them vinyl side up, but you can put them flannel side up too.