Washing baby clothes

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by tfrost, Aug 31, 2009.

1. tfrost

tfrost Well-Known Member

How long did you guys wash your babies' clothes in Dreft or other baby detergent before switching to just regular detergent?

2. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

2 weeks, after we ran out of baby soap. I use all free and clear and dye free perfume freesoftneralso

3. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

I use the free and clear stuff on all of us... so I guess it's not an issue here. something to think about switching to maybe?

4. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

I never used Dreft. We just use a dye and fragrance free detergent. No problems here.

5. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've always just washed the twins clothes in with the rest of our laundry.

6. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I never did even when they were in the NICU. I use Purex and they did fine with it. Mind you DH and I don't have skin sensitivities like that.

7. Sisrea

Sisrea Well-Known Member

I used the Tide free, or basically no dyes or perfumes. I don't think Aurora would have a problem but Maya gets a red rash when she is held by somebody that has deodorant/perfume/fabric softener anything like that.

8. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I used the Baby All for about 2 years. Yes, 2 years. Then we switched to All Free and Clear without issue.

9. angs241

angs241 Well-Known Member

Never did baby detergent, I just wash their clothes separate from ours in the same detergent- Costco brand. I love it, and we've had no problems with it.

10. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I did for my first ds for at least 6-8 months.

I washed my first dd's clothes in it for one container.

I use just our arm n hammer free and clear for the twins clothes.

I get a rash when I use anything harsh, so I was a little more careful with my kids clothes, but the free and clear seems to work fine for all my kids.

11. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

I used one big bottle of it that my mom insisted I have and purchased for me. We use Tide Free in the washer and Bounce Free in the dryer anyway and that was fine.

12. StaceeyL

StaceeyL Well-Known Member

I'm still using dreft or the generic Target version, and my twins are a little over a year. I will probably switch to either dye free or arm and hammer soon. My older son has VERY sensitive skin, we can't use any other detergent besides arm and hammer or he gets a bad rash, and he's 9 years old. I don't know if the twins will have sensitive skin, but I'm gonna try to play it safe.

13. Valyre

Valyre Well-Known Member

I'm sensitive to most any perfume scent, so we used A&H free and clear and the scent free dryer sheets even before they were born. We do wash their clothes separately from ours, though, with a little Chlorox 2.

14. swilhite25

swilhite25 Well-Known Member

I think I used Dreft for the first two months and then switched to whatever it is we use for our clothes. Luckily neither of them had a reaction.

15. piccologirl

piccologirl Well-Known Member

i used dreft and seventh generation baby detergent. i have very sensitive skin so i decided to keep using baby detergents up until about a month ago. in the last month we've started using seventh generation free and clear. at some point i'll drop my paranioa and transition to a cheaper free and clear brand. :rolleyes:

16. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

I've always used All F&C on our clothes, so I used that for them too. I still wash their clothes separately just because when it's time to wash, there's usually enough for a full load of their clothes alone. If I need to wash something immediately, I'll throw it in with ours.

17. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

I use ALL free & clear. I also wash clothes separately but I am not against mixing occasionally. I just started using Bounce Free fabric softener sheets - I like soft clothes...heh heh.

18. WaterGuzzler

WaterGuzzler Well-Known Member

I have never used anything for any of my kids that was different than what we always use for dh and me.

19. stacpane

stacpane Active Member

All free and clear here too!! For the babies and for us, and we use bounce fabric softner, free and clear!

20. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

We use All F&C, and we combine everyone's clothing separated by whites/lights/darks/towels to make a full load. Basically, if it's dirty, it's fair game for the next load of wash, lol.