warnings for b/g twins!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by naomi02, Feb 22, 2008.

1. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

I just tend to buy things for the kids in boy & girl colors. Never really thought much about it. Then this week I started noticing dd getting picky about certain things! Yesterday I gave them their milk in sippy cups & handed ds the red cup & dd the green cup......she turns her head away & says, "No!! Johnny's." Would not drink milk out of the green cup......had to have the red. At night when I get out their jammies, she knows which one's hers. And Heaven forbid I give her the blue blanket instead of the pink one!!!!

What have I done??? :p

2. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Mine do that too. They like to have THEIR stuff!!! They both have PURPLE sippy's but ONE is Martin's and one is ALI'S!!!

3. debid

debid Well-Known Member

This is not exclusive to b/g either. Mine have their stuff picked out and they strongly prefer to use theirs. Clothes, sippy cups, spoons, etc. are all divvied up. I've managed to keep most of the socks interchangeable but otherwise, they make it known what belongs to whom. And yes, I used some color coding with them and they are sticking with that. I got them exactly the same Winter coats in yellow and red and it caused a ruckus because those were both Trent colors. So Trevor accepted the red one and now we fight over all red items because they were Trent's and now Trevor thinks they should be his since he has the red coat now :wacko: I'm amazed that they can keep track. But, at least I know they aren't color blind.

4. jena4

jena4 Well-Known Member

Naomi,
    My girlies..20 months, have jsut started doing this. Out of the blue. I ALWAYS give one of them the purple sippy just so I can keep track of how much milk they have drank. Well, now the other one wants the purple sippy and will not drink milk unless it is in a purple sippy. HOW DO THEY KNOW??? Drives me crazy. I hope its a phase.

5. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Yep ours do this too. I don't tend to buy lots of pink/blue stuff but they must have picked it up somewhere because if you ask them what their favorite color is Ryan says blue and Sofia says pink. Of course this has led to even more pink and blue stuff because when they pick anything out those are the colors that they go for.

6. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

We are a pink (well, preferably purple) and blue house too. We cry over bowls, sippies, ANYTHING color specific, even the bath tub letters!!!!

7. Becky444

Becky444 Well-Known Member

Here too! Federal offense if Dylan drinks out of a pink or purple cup! Has to be Orange or blue!

8. denali_ice

denali_ice Well-Known Member

I hear you, especially on the sippys! Jenner has to have the yellow or orange and Cody has to have the green or blue. *shrugs*

9. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

LOL.....well, at least I know we aren't the only ones. :D

10. Tracy623

Tracy623 Well-Known Member

Yep! Ours do that too. They only use certain colors which is easy for cups, plates, etc. What gets me is the little travel bowls. I can NEVER remember who gets red, yellow or orange and then add in the color of the lid!!!! DS this morning was complaining because he doesn't use purple lids. I guess there is a down side to being overly organized!!!!

Tracy

11. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

Thats too funny because that happens in my house. All of my kids have a color. Blue, green, dk. pink, purple and light pink. Their cups, and everything are these colors and they do not like to use any other color. :)

12. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My kids have certain sippy cups. I even had to go out and buy Liam his own because he can't use theirs!

And when we are looking at certain things, they will say "That's red, that's Nolie's or Liam's" and if it's Pink or Purple, it's automatically deemed to be Meggie's.