wanted to introduce myself here!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kajewell, Jan 6, 2007.

1. kajewell

kajewell Member

Hi there!
    I have just discovered this site. I am a 1st time surrogate carrying twins that are due to arrive June 8th by scheduled c-section. I have 2 boys ages 7 3/4 and 4 1/2, and 1 little girl who is 2 1/2. We have our gender u/s on Jan 23. The parents of these babies wil be flying in from their home in New York for the big event. I live in Western Pa. Well thanks for listening (or rather, reading) I hope to get to know a little about all of you.

Kari

2. kajewell

kajewell Member

Hi there!
    I have just discovered this site. I am a 1st time surrogate carrying twins that are due to arrive June 8th by scheduled c-section. I have 2 boys ages 7 3/4 and 4 1/2, and 1 little girl who is 2 1/2. We have our gender u/s on Jan 23. The parents of these babies wil be flying in from their home in New York for the big event. I live in Western Pa. Well thanks for listening (or rather, reading) I hope to get to know a little about all of you.

Kari

3. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

Congratulations and [​IMG]. How exciting this must be for you and the future parents!

4. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Hi Kari! Welcome to TS. I think you are giving the parents an amazing gift by being a surrogate.

5. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

Welcome to TS and what a wonderful gift you are giving!!

6. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Congratulations and welcome to Twinstuff!

What a wonderful thing you are doing for the parents! [​IMG] I am glad they are able to fly in for the gender u/s, I hope the babies cooperate!

I see you found the roll call sticky at the top of the forum, we would also love to have you share your upcoming appointment and milestone dates in the links provided so we can encourage and support you during your pregnancy.

I look forward to getting to know you!

7. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to TS! What a wonderful thing you are doing for that couple.

8. ~Laura M~

~Laura M~ Well-Known Member

Hi Kari! What an awesome gift to give someone! [​IMG] I admire ladies like you. [​IMG] I am looking forward to learning more about you too. Welcome to TS! [​IMG]

9. ReallyTiredMom

ReallyTiredMom Well-Known Member

Welcome to a great site! You are truly an Angel to be helping another family! Hope to see you visit often!

10. AWillow

AWillow Well-Known Member

Welcome! You are doing such an amazing thing.

11. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Welcome! What a truly selfless, amazing gift you are giving. Wow!

12. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG] and welcome to TS! Hopefully you will find lots of help and support here during the pregnancy! Being a surrogate is so wonderful! I have often thought about being one myself. After being blessed with beautiful children and knowing how much it is to love them, being able to give that gift to someones else is priceless! God Bless you and your surrogate family!

13. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

Hi there!! I'm so intrigued by your story! Would you be willing to share how you made the decision to be a surrogate and how the parents came to decide as well? I have some friends interested in the whole process, and I think it's amazing what you're doing. Looking forward to hearing more!

Reyna

14. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

Welcome to twinstuff! It is such an amazing thing you are doing for the twins' parents! I look forward to hearing more from you. If it isn't to nosey to ask... how are your children doing with the pregnancy?
    Good luck at the ultrasound... I hope they cooperate!
    Helen

15. crazeek8

crazeek8 Member

Wow-Congratulations! I'm new here too but not a surrogate-you are doing a wonderful thing for your family/friends. How lucky they are to have you in their lives! Hope the babies cooperate at the u/s!

Kate

16. kajewell

kajewell Member

Well a little about my journey, as requested!

I have felt the "calling" to be a surrogate since having my first son almost 8 years ago. I knew that I loved being a mom so much, that if I could not have children I would not have known what to do. I always said if a family member or someone I knew needed help I would be there. I finished having my own children 2 1/2 years ago, waited a little while and decided in May 06 that it was time to look into it. So, I found an agency that I liked and they actually sent me the profile for a couple 2 days after I applied. The first profile I read was the couple I am pregnant for. The agency set up a 3 way call and I knew I wanted to work with them before we were even off the phone.

The mother was preveously married and has a 17 year old boy and 9 year old b/g twins. The boy is healthy and the girl doesn't walk, talk, or use the potty. She had a reaction to her 5 month old shots and started havng seizers which she still has almost everyday. Her husband was on the 105 floor of the World Trade Center on 9/11 and has never come home.
    The father was preveously married and his wife died of cystic fibrosis a few years ago. And has no children of his own. (YET)

They were married in May and want to have at least one child together. The mom had a hysterectomy years ago and is 44 so her eggs are no longer viable. So their best chance to have their dream child(ren) is by using dads sperm, an egg doner, and a surrogate.

17. IVFmommy2b

IVFmommy2b Well-Known Member

wow, good for you. that is quite the story. Are you worryed about being attached to the babies? Will you stay in their lives after?

18. kajewell

kajewell Member

I am not too concerned about attachment, I am happy to be doing this but there is a different feeling towards the babies I am carrying then if they were my own children. I love them but I know they aren't mine. It is a very hard thing to try to explain. Now with that being said who knows what hormones will do to me after the birth.
    I will breastfeed them in the hospital, then pump and ship my milk for at least 12 weeks, the 12 weeks was decided before we knew it was two. so that might be extended to help them out somemore.
    We all want to continue our relationship after the birth. They have fallen in love with my children and I to their's. Will we talk everyday, probably not, we all have our own lives, especially since they will be handling new twins, the little girl that is basically still an infant herself, a very active 9 year old boy who is involved in all sports, and a son heading off to Ohio state on a Lacrose scholarship in the fall. Plus I am starting Nurseing school in the fall and have my own three little ones. But we will stay in touch!!!

19. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations Kari! What a wonderful gift to be able to share. [​IMG] I hope you all get to see the genders.