Very Sad News

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Joanna416, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Joanna416

Joanna416 Well-Known Member

So today was my follow up from my amnio 2 weeks ago - my little boy is measuring even further behind than he was before, 21 days actually now..
    He is suffering from severe IUGR on top of an unhealthy placenta and cord. The doctors have no explanation as to why this is happening as medically, he should be OK based on his sister.
    I am lucky that they are di/di bc if it were different, I may lose her too.

The peri has prepared me for his demise - I hate saying that - but I have to be ready. The other risks are bc I am 18 weeks (just about) my body could go into pre-term labor bc of his death. I will be watched weekly for cervix checks to see what is going on with that to be on top of the situation.

So very sad day today, he is still here with a heartbeat and all, but it does not look like he was meant to stay....

I wanted to update all on my situation.

2. Sisrea

Sisrea Well-Known Member

im soooo sorry for the news.. Hang in there and be strong, as hard as that might be. My thoughts will be with you and your little ones..

3. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

My prayers are with you today. I have no words for how sad I am for you. :hug:

4. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Oh Joanna, I am so so sorry :hug:
    I know that this must be a terribly hard time for you.
    I am going to keep you and your little ones in my thoughts and prayers :grouphug:
    Please keep us posted.

5. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear! Big :hug: to you and your babies! I'm glad you're being monitored so closely. Please keep us posted and know your in my thoughts and prayers!

6. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I so sorry Joanna! :hug: Stay strong. I am glad to hear that they are going to keep a close eye on you. Keep us posted. :hug:

7. Joanna416

Thank you all - I'll take any words of encouragement I can get.......

8. tashatank24

tashatank24 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. I am thinking of you. :grouphug:

9. annelily2000

annelily2000 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry.

10. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

Sorry. We'll remember you today in our prayers.

11. erwelch

erwelch Well-Known Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your little one, miracles can happen....

12. MamaKimberlee

MamaKimberlee Well-Known Member

You will be in our family prayers tonight.
    God does perform miracles!

13. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

I will most certainly keep you and the babies in my thoughts!

14. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Joanna, I am so sorry to hear this. :cry: I am glad they will be watching you closely. Please take care of yourself. :hug:

15. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

I'm glad they will be watching you closely. I said a prayer that you will receive a miracle and will be able to keep that sweet little boy :hug:

16. Joanna416

Thank You Thank You Thank You ALL

17. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I am SO sorry. :hug:

18. hardinfamily08

hardinfamily08 Well-Known Member

Words can not begin to tell you how sorry I am. My thoughts, and prayers are with you and your family. Much Love :hug:

19. cmccarthy

cmccarthy Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear this. I am thinking of you and your little ones.

20. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

I am very sorry.

21. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

:cry: Im so sorry!!! :hug:

22. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Well-Known Member

Joanna... :hug:

I just lost one of my twins at 9 weeks (last week). So far things are ok with the remaining one, but I totally understand your worries. I'm worried about going into preterm labor, too. I hope everything works out for you.

You and your babies are in my thoughts.

23. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm so sorry for this news.

24. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

so sorry Joanna :hug:

25. Joanna416

It's this strange feeling ya know - going from thinking I was having one, then told two then told there is a problem, then told things look good - to this. It's been a rough road and it's only 18 weeks - I worry about the rest of the time.....

26. hardinfamily08

hardinfamily08 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Joanna416 @ Oct 24 2008, 12:39 PM) [snapback]1040649[/snapback]
    It's this strange feeling ya know - going from thinking I was having one, then told two then told there is a problem, then told things look good - to this. It's been a rough road and it's only 18 weeks - I worry about the rest of the time.....

The emotional roller-coaster of having twins is enough, but to delt another crappy card, isnt easy. YOURE DOING AMAZING. I look up to your courage and strength. We are thinking of you. :grouphug: :grouphug:

27. Annie Webb

Annie Webb Member

Our deepest prayers are with you and your little angles. Try to stay as positive as possible. Send all the good vibes you can to that sweet little soul! God bless!

28. Joanna416

I'm really really trying. I figure I on;y have 2 options, fall apart and then I'm no good to anyone or I can try and keep it together and go on knowing it is out of my hands. It's not at all easy though - but I look at my little 5 yr old Kelsey and I know that there is always something positive in my life!

29. jademyst13

jademyst13 Active Member

:hug: You are doing great. I'm sorry it wasn't better news, I hope a miracle comes your baby boy's way.

30. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear that! Big hugs for you.

31. ElisabethCogdill

ElisabethCogdill Well-Known Member

Who knows what can happen? I will be praying for you.

32. k8t-1

k8t-1 Member

I am so sorry to hear your news. I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers - MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!

hang tight!

33. Irish38

Irish38 Well-Known Member

I can't tell you how sorry I am. I am typing this through tears. :hug:

34. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: Joanna, I'm very sorry to hear this. :cry: Please know you are all in my prayers. :hug:

35. april mcdaniel

april mcdaniel Well-Known Member

Oh Joanna--Im so so sorry--My thoughts and prayers are with you