*very* mild cramping - 20 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by teafor2, Mar 24, 2009.

1. teafor2

teafor2 Well-Known Member

Hi,

We had our level II yesterday and everything was beautiful, including my cervix which was "long and closed." However, for the past week or so I've been having very very faint waves of a cramp-like feeling, kind of like I used to feel about 4 days before my real period cramps would start. It is so faint that it could almost be gastrointestinal discomfort. It was only every now and then, but yesterday and today it is kind of constant. There is no clenching of my uterus, no contractions that I can tell (and my uterus is now almost up to my ribcage so I think I'd be able to tell, right? Is this just my uterus feeling irritated because it has to grow so much all of the sudden? The babies are moving a lot now, and pushing my belly out in odd directions and shapes. Funny but freaky!

I have my 20 week OB appointment tonight and we're leaving for a relaxing beach vacation on Friday. She had said that if my cervix looked good I'd be cleared for travel. But do you think this weird faint feeling will make her "ground" us? I really hope not! She is not a big proponent of bed rest but said if my cervix started shortening or opening or if I started having more than 5 contractions a day (I think?), she'd put me on it. I've been feeling really good, am still exercising, and REALLY have been looking forward to this vacation!!! But of course I really also want to do what's best for the babies.

What do you think? Is faint discomfort normal?

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but I hope your doctor doesn't "ground" you guys. A nice beach vacation sounds great! I know that I had alot of growing pains that felt a bit like cramps at times. Let us know what your doctor says. :hug:

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Not sure if it's normal or not. Hopefully your OB will have some answers for you tonight at your appt. Hopefully all is well and you can still go on vacation. :good:

4. twinnerbee

twinnerbee Well-Known Member

I hope your OB says everything is normal so you can go on your trip. Have you had a NST yet? Maybe they can do one to see if the cramping is actually small contractions. It sounds crazy, but I have a friend who had no idea she was contracting. Definitely tell your doctor just in case it is more serious. There's plenty of time to go to the beach after the babies arrive or once the cramping goes away. I started contracting at 22 weeks (and got put on bedrest for the next 14), but I was crampy for a bit before I felt the actual contractions. Take it easy no matter what you do. My contractions started after a leisurely swim in an indoor pool where I was really just kicking my legs and floating on a kick board...I'm not trying to scare you, I just know that before they started, I felt so good that I really didn't rest as much as I should have. Good luck!

5. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Good luck at your appointment & keep us posted!
    I hope you can still go to the beach!!! :good:

6. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I don't know if it is normal or not either. I hope your OB is able to give you some answers and set your mind at ease!

7. teafor2

teafor2 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Its not a vacation we can reschedule. But of course I'll do whatever is best for these little ones. So ironic since we just had this amazing Level II and everything was fantastic. Maybe its normal...I'll update after the doctor. Thanks for all the crossed fingers!