Very depressed over twin pregnancy.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Bradysmom, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Bradysmom

Bradysmom New Member

I just found out I'm expecting twins a few days ago. I kind of had a feeling but was hoping the ultrasound would confirm I was being crazy. When they in fact confirmed I cried so hard. I pretty much have cried everyday a few times since then. I'm so not happy about it and I feel like I'm being punished. I have a 10 month old and was actually thinking just him would be fine. When I found out I had got pregnant I was actually pretty excited because it felt like a surprise pregnancy was the only was he was going to get a sibling. 2 kids would be great and I was getting use to the idea. But for some reason I could not shake the feeling it was twins. Well unfortunately I was right. I feel so sad and depressed. I don't know if this is a normal feeling? Please someone else tell me they felt the same. I feel awful for feeling this way but I can't shake it!

2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Please don't feel bad for how you feel. I think it's totally normal to be overwhelmed and even unhappy. My twins were my first, and I was fine with them, but when I got pregnant with my third there was a time we thought it might be twins. I was really upset about it. Having had twins, I knew it would be fine, but it was just not what I was looking for.

Give yourself time. It will all be okay. Scary and hard at times, but it's not as bad as you might think. In the meantime, it's okay to feel however you feel. Don't feel bad about it. Take care of yourself. That's the best thing you can do for them anyway.

2 people like this.
  3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with Rachael-give it some time.  Your reaction is actually fairly normal.  Finding out you're expecting twins can be overwhelming.  When I saw two on the ultrasound I went to my car and cried and cried.  I was scared and just wanted a normal pregnancy with out worries.  Of course everything turned out fine and we survived to tell about it.
    Continue to visit us here at TS for support, we're here for you!! *hugs*

4. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I agree! I was so scared and upset when I found out. Now I wouldn't trade them for anything! Give yourself time.

5. Bradysmom

Bradysmom New Member

Thanks ladies this is so helpful! I'm still having a really hard time but it's still so fresh. I'm also wondering if other peoples hormones were all over the place because of them? And if so if the 2nd trimester things got any better?

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with all the other ladies.  Give yourself time.  It's perfectly normal to feel scared, worried and thinking to yourself I just signed up for one at a time, not two.  I remember initially feeling that way.  The twins are my first and only children and I kept thinking, I can't take care of one, let alone two.  But it does come around, for us the pregnancy was good and the kids were healthy and fine.  And I survived...6 years later, they are relatively normal (define normal, right?) and I don't think they will be writing books to Oprah about me :laughing:

7. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

i felt similar and know from my experience time was all it took... my son was 9 (10 by the time my dudes were born). i had NO plans to have any more children.... much less TWO more children... i dropped the "F" bomb when the Dr told me and cried the whole way home and for a few days... i didn't tell anyone either (that is SO not like me)... i think i was so depressed my DH was worried and kept looking at me... trying to "read" my face... i kept thinking i was half way done in this parenting thing... we were able to do SO much... and now... TWO babies... back at the starting gate..

NOW... i look back and think... well someone somewhere knew what they were doing when they added these men to my life... so give yourself time {HUG}

8. jennycraig

jennycraig Active Member

I can totally relate to your feelings.  I was also angry when I found out we were having twins.  We 4 and 2 year old girls and were planning 1 more baby.  As a nurse I knew it was going to be a more risky pregnancy and also how much work 2 more would be.  It took me probably a good month before I accepted it.  Now I wouldn't trade my 4 girls for anything. 

9. Katherine R

Katherine R Active Member

I had a 5 year old and a 2 year old when I found out I was pregnant with twins.  I was devastated.  Everyone (except my dad) was so beyond over the top excited, yet I just wanted to die.  My mother in law wanted to throw me a shower, but I didn't want to have one...Who has a shower for the 3rd pregnancy?  All of my friends and family said let her do a shower...everyone will buy stuff, so you might as well get what you need.  I had my shower at 7 months prego and up until then, I was still a mess.  After the shower when everything settled down and I had pretty much everything I needed, it was such a relief and the depressed/wanting to kill someone feeling was replaced with happiness.  I mentally prepared myself for how awful it was going to be, which was a blessing in disguise...Everything went perfect and now I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  Everything will be okay momma...Hang in there!  This panic/depression will pass.  :)

10. WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Well-Known Member

I thought that people who are planning children should, on the contrary, be happy with such events. Although, probably, twins are much more difficult than one child. Anyway, I can recommend CBD capsules for you as a remedy to combat anxiety, stress and depressive mood. Don't worry everything will be fine.