Vent! Twin dolls not designed for twins

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Snittens, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

So, I'm still looking at the Toys r Us website for dolls for the girls. I have a $100 gift card leftover from their birthday. I see these twin doll sets, but they are designed for one child. Yes, there are two dolls, but one of each accessory, like one cup and bowl, one brush, etc. I can just see the fights. I had this problem with the Little Mommy twins, they only came with one hospital bracelet. Why don't they make twin dolls for twins??

2. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

I haven't looked at them because my twins are too young yet, but have you checked out the twins by American Girl? I think they are pretty pricey, though. My 3 yr. old has Bitty Baby from there, and loves her.

ETA - Sorry - missed the whole gift card thing, so this probably isn't much help! :pardon:

3. fourznuff

fourznuff Well-Known Member

Usually you can contact the company and get more accessories. You might have to pay a little something but if you give them your story they might just send you some. Worth a try anyway?

4. debid

debid Well-Known Member

I second the suggestion for contacting the company. Clearly they need the customer feedback if they're selling twin dolls with one set of stuff! :rolleyes:

5. rosie19

rosie19 Well-Known Member

That's an excellent idea of contacting the company. I bet they would appreciate the feedback.

I bought a set of dolls at TRU awhile back. I don't know what the package said, but I found the tag on one of them and it says "Dolls by Berenguer." I remember specifically buying these because they didn't have accessories (just hats that I had to hide or I would spend all day having to put back on). I bought a pack of accessories separately. A couple of baby bowls, spoons, bottles, etc. The dolls I have are one girl and one boy (I'm not sure if they had two girls or two boys). They have a plastic head, hands and feet and the rest is very soft. My only complaint is that they smell... I think the company wanted them to smell like baby powder, but it's more perfumey. Thankfully it has faded a good bit at this point.

6. Saiynee

Saiynee Well-Known Member

I know what dolls you are talking about. I just bought two boxes of them to save for my girls' b-day. They were on clearance by me, and I had a 5 dollar coupon, so I wound up getting both boxes for $32.00 with tax.

When they were a year old, I got them a box of twins from KB toys, and if memory serves, their were two bottles.

You could always but a set of baby accessories to go along with it.

Oh, and PS, be careful about ordering those twins from the TRU site. I had originally ordered them there, and they sent me two boxes of a boy and girl. Grr. I went through a lot to finally get the two boxes I have.

7. girlsxtwo

girlsxtwo Well-Known Member

We bought the Cabbage Patch twins when the girls turned one and they liked those and they have their separate birth certificates, etc. For this Christmas, I found some twin dolls at TRU that talk to each other!! I can't wait for the girls to see them.

8. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm clueless about this because I've never shopped for them, but what's the difference between buying a set of twin dolls (assuming they had two of all the accessories) and just buying two packages of a singleton doll with its accessories? Is it just that the "twins" come in the same box, or is there something specially twin-like about them?

9. RachelJoy

RachelJoy Well-Known Member

What about getting two sets of twin dolls - then each of your kids can have her own set of twins!

-Rachel

10. ~rosie~

~rosie~ Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Minette @ Sep 14 2007, 10:19 AM) [snapback]407640[/snapback]
    Maybe I'm clueless about this because I've never shopped for them, but what's the difference between buying a set of twin dolls (assuming they had two of all the accessories) and just buying two packages of a singleton doll with its accessories? Is it just that the "twins" come in the same box, or is there something specially twin-like about them?

Was wondering the same thing.

11. Snittens

QUOTE(Minette @ Sep 14 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]407640[/snapback]

LOL! I don't know :) I guess I could just buy two dolls that have accessories.

12. Snittens

Now my other vent is about TRU website in general. Ugh! Just about everything I want is no longer available online. I was trying to avoid going there, the closest one to me always looks like a tornado hit it.