Vaporizer...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by megkc03, Nov 10, 2009.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am looking to get the kids a new vaporizer for their rooms. Both boys have colds right now(at least I think they do) and I have nothing in their room. We got one for their shower, and it doesn't work anymore. So I got another one. Well-that ended up leaking all over their carpet. So-I need a new one. One that WORKS. And is great!

So-why do you love/hate yours?

Oh-and not one ridiculously expensive either. I need to somehow "sell" this to dh, and get one for Annabella's room as well....

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

We have the Vicks one where you can put a vaporizer strip in it and it has that menthol smell. Seems to work well and pretty inexpensive.

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I just bought one of the hot water vaporizers from Target today for $15.00. I wanted a cold water one, but they're too expensive for us right now.

4. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

I have this Vick's humidifier. I don't know that I love it, but with all the cleaning they take I'm not going to love any of them. We use it constantly in the boys room. It seems to help them sleep when they are congested. It does have the spot for the Vick's menthol strip and I do really like that feature. I've considered putting one in our room when we have a cold. It's easy enough to clean and so far hasn't leaked once. Getting the base back on over the wet filter can be a pain sometimes, but it's not that big of a deal. This is our second humidifer and it is so much better than our first leaky one. It was this on from Reli on or something like that.

5. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Yeah we have 2 different vick ones (one at my moms and one at my house) both cold air because that's what they recommend for kids.