Valentines for the daycare/school

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by guestd, Feb 11, 2008.

1. guestd

guestd Well-Known Member

So, do you give a valentine to each kid in their class from the both of them together, or one from each of them? Mine are 2, so it is not like the kids in their class will know who they get the cards from.

2. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

My kids are in preschool and they will each be passing out their own Valentine's to the kids in their class. BLake picked out Cars ones and Katelyn picked out Disney Princess ones.

3. Mommy Rash

Mommy Rash Well-Known Member

I would say one from each kid--you want each TWIN to get their own valentine so they should each give their own!

4. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We did one from each of them last year. I think Disney princesses and Mickey Mouse.

5. guestd

guestd Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Mommy Rash @ Feb 11 2008, 03:52 PM) [snapback]616819[/snapback]
    I would say one from each kid--you want each TWIN to get their own valentine so they should each give their own!

I never thought of it in that way! Thanks! This is our first Valentine's Day at daycare, so I wasn't sure what to do!

6. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

Thanks for asking this. I was going to post and kept forgetting to ask.

7. girlsxtwo

girlsxtwo Well-Known Member

We plan to do from each. They both have such different tastes and they picked their own themed cards.

8. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

At this age, I'd have one card from both of them. The kids in their class think of them as a unit anyway. :rolleyes: And they won't get handed out personally, they'll just get put in the "parent pockets" for each child.

When they are older and doing this themselves, I'll have them do it separately.

9. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

This is the first year we are doing this at daycare too and I plan to do one from each. Like pp said, you would want them to each get their own right?

10. twindependent

twindependent Well-Known Member

We're just 2, and we don't go to daycare, but we do have a once a week class we go to. We're just doing one from both. They both picked out the same cards when I showed them the Current catalog (I even showed them the catalog separately).

But honestly, at this age, I don't think they would notice or care if they receive Valentines, let alone receive their own. As long as they each get candy at some point, they will be happy! ;)

11. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

They are each giving their own!

BUT, I am such a dork and only bought enough lollipops for one set of Valentine's. So I need to go to the store and get another couple bags!

12. mom2znl

mom2znl Well-Known Member

Let me just jump in to say that they might notice. Last year at age 2 mine were very excited about their valentine cards. We still have them in a little box--they get them out once a week or so to look at them. While they have pooled their cards into a single box, they can recognize their own names and "read" which card belongs to each boy.

13. doubledownmom

doubledownmom Well-Known Member

I barely had enough time/energy to write out 16 cards from both of them....I would not even think of doing it twice at this age.....they are only 19 months old and have no clue what valentine's day is.....I would think next year it will be more appropriate for them to send out their own separate cards....And, honestly, I don't care if they get valentine's cards written out to both of them....they actually got one today in the mail from their grandmother written out to both of them and had no interest in it even though I tried to explain it to them! My little brother and sister are twins (5 years younger than me) and my mother said she never worried about the things that I worry about "way back when"!!!! LOL! She thinks that I am neurotic!!!

14. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I'd do both.

15. Saiynee

Saiynee Well-Known Member

My girls each picked their own box of cards to hand out.