vaccine reactions

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by newtothis, Mar 15, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

what are reactions to look out for when trying to decide what to do with the next round of shots?

2. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

My kids all reacted a bit to most of their vaccines. Their shot sites got red and swollen. Only one needed any antibiotics...and then it went down right away. And now they are all immunized and very healthy kids. I guess if there had been a major reaction more than just swollen and red...but more of an anaphylactic reaction, that would make me rethink any more vaccines.

3. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

My older son had a whole body rash, not just redness at the injection site. It came on about 5 days after the shot.

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

HERE is a link to the CDC about vaccine side effects for each vaccine. It is very easy to follow. Our Ped gives us a handout after each vaccine and it tells us what to look for as for reactions. We have been lucky. Usually just some localized redness and a little soreness. I give Tylenol before each round of shots and then for the following 24 hours just as routine.

5. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The only reaction my boys ever had to their shots was when the visit when they got the MMR vaccine, and whatever else it was. It was a fever, along with a rash. And it came on within the 7 days the handouts said it would...