Uterus measuring small at 10 weeks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by megginmj, Nov 24, 2008.

1. megginmj

megginmj Well-Known Member

I just had my first midwife appointment today, and she was a little concerned when she felt the size of my uterus - she said it feels a little small for almost 10 weeks. That, coupled with the fact that my pregnancy symptoms seem to be getting less severe in the past week said she's worried a bit about whether the pregnancy is viable. I've been worrying sick about this - my u/s isn't scheduled until December 11th, so it's going to be a looong 2 weeks until I find out for sure.

One friend, though, told me something that made me feel better. She said she had a girlfriend who had twins then a singleton, and in her second pregnancy her doctor told her that because her uterus stretched so much with the twins it didn't need to do much stretching in the first trimester with the singleton - the baby was just chillin' in a pre-sized uterus. I'm hoping that's what is happening with me.

I thought I'd take it to the experts - have any of you ladies experienced something like this? I'm really trying to stay positive in a potentially scary situation. I do still have some pregnancy symptoms: a bit of nausea (mostly when I'm hungry), though I'm not throwing up anymore, I still need to eat every 2 hours or my stomach grumbles, and I'm still tired but not as tired as I was a couple of weeks ago...though the fact that my boys have miraculously started to sleep until 7am instead of waking at 5:30 may have something to do with that! ;)

2. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

:hug: we just found out we are pregnate again after a miscarrage and i am also on the edge of my seat waiting for my next apt to make sure everything is ok.
    Waiting is so hard. You will be in my prayers. Keep us updated.

3. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

If your MW was a little discouraged at the size of your uterus, why didn't she do an u/s then? I wouldn't worry too much about it...could your due date be off by a bit? My nausea (with the twins) went away by 10 weeks, so it could just be some of those first symptoms diminshing off a big. Who knows. I hope that everything is ok though. I measured 2 weeks behind my entire pregnancy with Olivia and my dates were correct. Could just be the way you carry the baby.

4. stacyann_1

stacyann_1 Well-Known Member

Why do you wait to see at this point? 9 weeks is far enough along to take a look at the embryo and see what is going on. Did your midwife do Blood tests to see that your numbers were increasing appropriately?

Hang in there, I hope everything is fine.

:hug:

5. megginmj

Thanks for your encouragement, ladies. My midwife called me today and said she couldn't stop thinking about me and was going to refer me for an early ultrasound to put my mind at ease. So I have an appointment first thing tomorrow. I'll post an update once I know more.

6. megginmj

Thanks for your encouragement, ladies. My midwife called me today and said she couldn't stop thinking about me and was going to refer me for an early ultrasound to put my mind at ease. So I have an appointment first thing tomorrow. I'll post an update once I know more.

7. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

please let us know how it goes.

8. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

I'm praying for you and your little one.

9. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm thinking about you. I'm glad your MW made an appt for you. Keep us posted.

10. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

I am glad your MW called you and your getting in sooner. Your in my thoughts and prayers. Update soon

11. megginmj

I'm pleased to announce that the baby looks fine, and there appears to be only ONE in there this time (phew!). Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers - now maybe I can finally get some sleep!

12. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Yay, I'm glad your MW got you in and everything looks great! Congrats on one baby this time!