updated Poor kids... sick.

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MNTwinSquared, Nov 7, 2008.

1. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Ok, I just need some sympathy. DH is out of town. He would have stayed in town if he knew that I was feeling worse than I let on, but he needed to get out. So..

1. I am sick. Sore throat mainly, just drained.
    2. Clayton is sick. Fever in the evenings but not during the day. No appetite at times. Has to have the throat thing too, but really unable to tell me. :( Poor guy. :bad:
    3. Evan must be teething bad. He is a happy baby and this evening he would not stop crying. Finally he was able to nurse & finally go to sleep (awake when I put him in his crib 1/2 hour early).
    4. Audrey is fine.. so far. But she is my 'spirited child.' I hope everyone sleeps well tonight.

I need a hug! :)

2. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

:hug: Jackie!

We're all sick here too. Sorry DH is out of town :(

Make yourself a nice cup of tea after the kiddos go to bed, curl up on the couch and pop in a chick flick that DH wouldn't want to watch!

3. twingirls52905

twingirls52905 Well-Known Member

Hope everyone feels better soon. ((hugs))

4. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon--for your sake!! :hug:

5. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

oh no jackie!!!
    big 'ol hugs to you my friend!!

6. Aprilisdisney

Aprilisdisney Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt] :hug: My little ones have it too :(

Hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

April :)
    [/SIZE]

7. MNTwinSquared

Audrey up crying twice.
    Clayton up crying 3 times.
    Evan up 4 times (starting to cough).
    Me - :(

8. li li

li li Well-Known Member

Oh you poor dear :hug: :hug: . It's bad enough being ill when all's fine around you (I still always want my mum and I'm nearly 40!), but having to cope with sick kids alone must be nearly impossible. Is there no one familiar around who you can ask/pay to come in today just so you can get a couple of hours sleep?

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

OH NO!!!! I am so sorry!!! I hope today will be better!!!

:hug:
    Heather

10. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

Hope everyone feels better and FAST!

11. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I hope you guys feel better soon. Being sick is the pits!

Is anyone feeling better today?

12. MNTwinSquared

QUOTE(aimeethomp @ Nov 8 2008, 08:13 AM) [snapback]1062145[/snapback]
    Is anyone feeling better today?

No. Evan now definitely has it (poor guy).

no one was up at the same time so the only hours I did not see were 3 & 4.
    thanks!

13. gatormommy

gatormommy Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry jackie :hug: Nothing worse than a house full of sickies, including yourself. Feel better fast!!

14. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I hope you get a chance to rest during the day today. I hope everyone feels better soon.

15. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

:hug: I hope someone can come over today to give you a break to go lay down for a bit. I hope you all get over it soon. :hug:

16. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

BIG hugs!!! I only have one sick kid (plus myself...) but I think I only slept for one hour all night last night because of him. The previous night was the same. I know Jackson will be getting it soon and I am terrified of the toll this will take on me! Being sick is really the worst.

17. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: :hug: Jackie! Mommy needs a big break when Daddy gets back. :hug:

18. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

:hug: Jackie, I'm so sorry you are all so miserable. I hope it passes quickly! :hug:

19. MNTwinSquared

Oh man! I just get the twins down and Evan wakes up screaming, not to be calmed down. :( I hate this. He feels warm but I gave him tylenol before bed (an hour ago) so I can't give him anything else right now. :( I did get my dad to come over and read books to the twins earlier. He was exhausted working around his house, but knew how much it meant to me. Clayton still has a fever (evening) and Audrey is coughing some, but not a lot. Evan's cries are even muffled.. he can't even cry full force. I'm sure it hurts. :( I feel so bad for him especially! :cry: I don't know what else I can do. I have the humidifier on the furnace higher than normal. I don't have filters for my two other plug in humidifiers (gotta order some). I'm afriad that we won't be getting much sleep again tonight. :(

20. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

:hug: Sorry Jackie!! I hope it all ends soon!! :(

21. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

OH so sorry you are dealing with this all alone and you are not able to rest yourself. Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon and DH comes home too!

22. MNTwinSquared

Brought him in to ER> Croup. I hope I we all get some sleep tonight. AUdrey is getting it now too. :(

23. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

My experience with the Croup is that the steroid pill works really quickly and they experience relief fast! It's very concerning and makes you nervous, but they seem to recover just fine! :hug: