Update on spotting and peri appointment this morning

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by newjersey_mom, Oct 3, 2008.

1. newjersey_mom

newjersey_mom Well-Known Member

Hello -

First let me say thank you to everyone who repsonded to my post last night, believe me it helped me out. So the spotting continued on and off last night, moving in color from red to pink to brown. I was still having some brown spots this morning with some tightening and cramping. The cramping was never painful and was never in my back, always my abdomen. So I went for my 1st trimester down syndrome screening and my first peri appointment this morning. I had an lengthy u/s done and everyone is looking good! I was so relieved, we saw both babies, who look like little people now, not just my little lumps! We saw and heard two strong heartbeats, 167 and 163. We have confirmed mono/di twins with one placenta, so we are pretty sure we are looking at identical twins. I have 4 other peri appointments scheduled til the end of the year for fluid and cervix check, anatomy check and growth check. I was just so relieved to see two healthy babies. I asked the peri, who was awesome by the way, she gave me a snack and juice, about the spotting and she saw no concern for it. Said it happens, it may not even be the end of it even though I am almost out of my first trimester. She said some people it just happens to and I may just be one of those people. I go to my OB on Monday for a regular check up so I will have another u/s then too. It may have scared the crap out of me, but at least the timing was okay since I was headed to the doctor this morning anyway. So I do plan on resting and keeping my feet up today, as per doctors orders. Thanks again for the support, it really did help last night and this morning!

2. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

So glad that all is well. And as you get furter along, there will almost always be a doc appt within the next 3 days, haha! I feel like that's all I do now :rotflmbo:

3. Erineliza

Erineliza Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear everything looks great. I spotted off and on all throughout the pregnancy and ended up with two beautiful healthy babies! Try not to worry too much (I know, easier said than done) and take care of yourself!

4. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear everything is Ok. I think the first ultrasound where they look like babies is so neat. Aren't they cute?

5. newjersey_mom

newjersey_mom Well-Known Member

Thank you! My peri basically said it could happen on and off and not to worry...and I agree, much easier said than done. I am at much more ease because I know they are fine. After scheduling 4 peri appointments it seems like I will live at the doctor's office! It was amazing to see them look like babies, we could see noses, and lips moving. They were sleeping when we got there and they had to get them to wake up and move around so they could see what they needed to see. It was so amazing!

6. Joanna416

Joanna416 Well-Known Member

That is great news!!!! I'll be thinking of you - you're doing great!

7. rakellyb

rakellyb Active Member

That's great news! You must be so relieved! Hooray! : )

8. jmcnett

jmcnett Well-Known Member

I'm so glad everything went well, and that you were able to see your sweet babies!

9. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kerry Culvert @ Oct 3 2008, 02:33 PM) [snapback]1010354[/snapback]
    After scheduling 4 peri appointments it seems like I will live at the doctor's office!

Yes, you will definately feel that way, but it will give you so much ease always having them keep a close eye on you. :good: I'm glad that things are going good Kerry! :Clap: