Update on pt drama from a few weeks ago

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by marijanad, Jul 8, 2011.

1. marijanad

marijanad Well-Known Member

Well a few weeks ago I posted about my anxiety about PTing my girls before September preschool. One had done fairly well but really regressed, the second wouldn't go near the potty, nevermind
    sit on it.
    Well I decided to put them both in undies one day and put their two potties in the hallway of the main floor where we tend to play.
    My first wasn't too interested, had several accidents, still doesn't want to get back to where she was so I'm giving her time and encouraging her daily.
    HOWEVER-my second (who hated the potty)-TRAINED HERSELF IN HALF A DAY.
    It was unbelievable! She had, maybe, two accidents, then figured it out and is fully potty trained. Literally, the next day, no diapers even for naps. She is dry
    at night but I put a pullup on just in case. She takes herself to the potty and does what she has to do. I still give her smarties to reward her.
    I never thought it would happen to me! Now I understand the 'click'. So I am going to be more patient with my other daughter and wait for her 'click' to take effect.
    Hopefully this inspires someone else, because I got a lot of support on this forum and now I am a believer!
    Cheers!

2. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

:clapping: What a great update!!!! I'm so glad that things are going so well and I agree that it will just "click" at some point :)

3. marijanad

marijanad Well-Known Member

I should clarify-not fully trained I guess, probably still needs practice but only two accidents since that initial day so doing great!

4. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

yep, my girl did that too! basically trained herself once the potty was out and available to her! way to go!!

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: That's great news!

6. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

I'm starting again with my one twin who also starts school in Sept. it is 11 am and so far dry. She hasn't shown any signs and despite going to daycare 2 x a week and being the ONLY kid still in diapers ..... she doesn't care ! Doesn't care if she is wet or poops. Her 2 yr old sister shows more signs than her. Thanks for posting and fingers crossed for me today.

Heather